Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my SA shared with me Tesla was "changing" and "deciding" on how they ship cars to the East Coast for OCT. Charlotte, NC here.

any guesses on what that means? my timing curve is a bit tight. have the order in but my trade-in offer expires on Oct 25th and hope to take delivery before then. I know they are waiting in the weeds to re-evaluate my trade-in if i am even a day late.

Tesla does model years by production calendar date. January builds will be ‘21 model.

That wasn't the case last year. My 2020 Model 3 was built in the first week of December, 2019. November builds were 2020 as well. In former years model years may have tracked calendar years, but that is certainly not normal in the wider industry. Model year changeovers with other manufacturers change as early as September production.

We will know shortly but looks like starting last year, they have switched to the industry standard. See model 3 forum and model x. 2020 model years were shipped in OCT 19

My SA, confirmed my Oct build is a ‘20 and unsolicited provided this years MY will turnover to ‘21 starting w/ Jan 1st builds. He may be just saying what’s advantageous for me to hear, but thought I’d pass it along. 59XXX

My SA, confirmed my Oct build is a ‘20 and unsolicited provided this years MY will turnover to ‘21 starting w/ Jan 1st builds. He may be just saying what’s advantageous for me to hear, but thought I’d pass it along. 59XXX

Interesting. Ok, lets see what happens. We probably need to get into the depth of the month a little more but if what your advisor said is correct would mean last yr was a one off. I am skeptical but time will def tell. thank you for providing this information,

Reactions: jpfive
Hi everyone - New to the forum. We're supposedly 3 - 7 weeks out for our Model Y.

This is a great thread. I'm especially interested in the thoughts about Fremont factory retooling. I was hoping we'd get one with the single piece rear underbody made on the new Giga Press. It appears from some online posts that they were making the parts as early as September, but I wasn't sure when they'd make it into the vehicles. Has anyone seen any info about that?

Thanks!

Hi everyone - New to the forum. We're supposedly 3 - 7 weeks out for our Model Y.

This is a great thread. I'm especially interested in the thoughts about Fremont factory retooling. I was hoping we'd get one with the single piece rear underbody made on the new Giga Press. It appears from some online posts that they were making the parts as early as September, but I wasn't sure when they'd make it into the vehicles. Has anyone seen any info about that?

Thanks!

Based on battery day, I’m fairly certain that the single piece rear end has been going in new vehicles for the last 2-4 weeks. Considering that the delivery estimate on new orders was increased to 7-11 weeks back in early September and is now at 3-7 weeks, this suggests to me that the new Giga Press has increased the rate of production as intended.

I placed my MY deep blue metallic order on 9/25. Just received the VIN on 10/2. Also, got a text today if I will take delivery on Monday, 10/5. Of course, I said yes! Waiting to get the Tesla insurance quote (the button isn’t clickable yet). My pickup location will be Dublin, CA.

I placed my MY deep blue metallic order on 9/25. Just received the VIN on 10/2. Also, got a text today if I will take delivery on Monday, 10/5. Of course, I said yes! Waiting to get the Tesla insurance quote (the button isn’t clickable yet). My pickup location will be Dublin, CA.

Is it a 59XXX?

did you get a MVPA in your account when the Vin showed up, or just the text?

Is it a 59XXX?

did you get a MVPA in your account when the Vin showed up, or just the text?
Yes, it is. The VIN showed up in my Tesla online account page. The text I received is regarding whether I can take delivery on Monday, 10/5 at the Dublin showroom. I received the initial order agreement on 9/25 when I placed the order. I see in the next steps are getting insurance and signing contract and providing payment...

Yes, it is. The VIN showed up in my Tesla online account page. The text I received is regarding whether I can take delivery on Monday, 10/5 at the Dublin showroom. I received the initial order agreement on 9/25 when I placed the order. I see in the next steps are getting insurance and signing contract and providing payment...
Thanks. I talked with the TA today and he said there’s no timeline on my 59xxx except for the 5-9 weeks estimate. Said the next step would be delivery team reaches out. But no estimate which is why I was wondering if the MVPA showed up in the account. My next step is insurance but can’t check Tesla quote then that Tesla was working in a contract. Yeah

Thanks. I talked with the TA today and he said there’s no timeline on my 59xxx except for the 5-9 weeks estimate. Said the next step would be delivery team reaches out. But no estimate which is why I was wondering if the MVPA showed up in the account. My next step is insurance but can’t check Tesla quote then that Tesla was working in a contract. Yeah
Are you in CA? I think it will depend on where you’re located. Also, the MY configuration. I saw someone mentioned on 9/30 when they picked up their MY deep blue metallic at the Fremont factory that theirs was the only one there. The rest were mostly white, dark grey and a few red ones. Maybe they’re building a patch of blue MY’s... who knows. I’m excited, but realistic. Keeping my excitement and anticipation in a very dull roar.

They are definitely building batches of Blue Model Ys now. We drove next to the delivery lot for Fremont, and saw tons of Blue Model Ys.

Happy update for me; I'm getting the car tomorrow.

I went to the showroom today and spoke with a salesperson and a delivery manager. Be pleasant and kind throughout, while making your case. Remember that they are people working a frustrating job, and many things are out of their control.

By checking in in-person, and being patient, we got them to offer to check the status of our Model Y. They found that it was pretty much ready except for the detailing, but the detailing team had just gone home for the day. The manager then slotted us in for tomorrow and prioritized our car. They also resolved a few weird quirks with our account ("Strange, there's a bunch of contradictory notes here..."). We saw the changes on our end shortly, and now we're scheduled for tomorrow.

I get that these are expensive cars, and it can be frustrating to not get it when promised. We had to rent a car this weekend because they missed their own dates, and communicated poorly. Even the largest and most efficient companies are run by people, and mistakes happen. Be kind, be understanding, and be firm. This will get you a long way.

Reactions: MJGolf
They are definitely building batches of Blue Model Ys now. We drove next to the delivery lot for Fremont, and saw tons of Blue Model Ys.

Happy update for me; I'm getting the car tomorrow.

I went to the showroom today and spoke with a salesperson and a delivery manager. Be pleasant and kind throughout, while making your case. Remember that they are people working a frustrating job, and many things are out of their control.

By checking in in-person, and being patient, we got them to offer to check the status of our Model Y. They found that it was pretty much ready except for the detailing, but the detailing team had just gone home for the day. The manager then slotted us in for tomorrow and prioritized our car. They also resolved a few weird quirks with our account ("Strange, there's a bunch of contradictory notes here..."). We saw the changes on our end shortly, and now we're scheduled for tomorrow.

I get that these are expensive cars, and it can be frustrating to not get it when promised. We had to rent a car this weekend because they missed their own dates, and communicated poorly. Even the largest and most efficient companies are run by people, and mistakes happen. Be kind, be understanding, and be firm. This will get you a long way.
I am happy for all of you blue owners who are getting VINs ..Not a word on mine .. yet :) Ordered 8/28 .. Optimistic that i will see my VIN this month ..

Based on battery day, I’m fairly certain that the single piece rear end has been going in new vehicles for the last 2-4 weeks. Considering that the delivery estimate on new orders was increased to 7-11 weeks back in early September and is now at 3-7 weeks, this suggests to me that the new Giga Press has increased the rate of production as intended.

Awesome! Thank you!