Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd maps. On the way to Santa Barbara from Indio, CA there are numerous mixed black shapes on the screen. I am assuming they are reservations.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Friday I noticed that suddenly large black sectors and several small checkerboards appeared on my navigation screen. Are they reservations? I think they should be simply outlined. As it is now the screens can become very confusing.

Here tiz

Attachments

• dashpic.jpg
    dashpic.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
I don’t think its a glitch. On our drive from Vegas to Bend via Reno we noticed several blacked out areas and at the Susanville SuperCharger we discovered they corresponded to Native American Reservations. Once we entered the blacked out areas the streets were displayed.

That makes it sound even more like a glitch to me. Why would it bother downloading the road information until you were in the area?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem and agree with @rachelann - although some of the black areas correspond to Native Reservations, not all do.
I created a Tesla service appointment for this problem, and here's what they said.
Darren from Tesla: "... have determined that the concern you are experiencing is caused by a known firmware bug that is currently under investigation. Once a confirmed fix has been developed, it will be implemented to your vehicle via an over the air update. At this time we do not have an ETA on when or which update will resolve the bug..."
Then he closed my appointment. This was on 2022-04-04.
If anyone else hears anything, I'd like to know because this is a very annoying bug.

Upvote 0
I live in Oklahoma and large areas are blacked out making it impossible to see the black lettering on the time and other parts of the task bar at the top of the navigation screen. When I crossed into Texas the map had a normal white background and then it was black again from th OK TX line to Tulsa. Hope it will be fixed. Indian reservation lands?

Upvote 0