Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd readings on latest TEG [update]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the latest update (logging into the TEG the battery looks half the size), my readings have been off. The home consumption has at times shown negative with an exclamation mark in an orange triangle.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 12.48.50 PM.png

Meanwhile(at the same time) the inverters (Enphase) are showing different production and consumption numbers (exporting to grid in the case is close enough).

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 12.48.57 PM.png

Has anyone else seen this behavior and have any suggestions on how I might fix it (short of contacting Tesla which is my next step)? This does not only happen when the batteries are full. It appears as though the TEG is measuring production a full kW lower than the solar.

This is the "after" picture. It's still not great but it's reading properly. Before it was positioned further left (you can see the indentations on the red wire (coming from the solar). It was jammed in there under the other larger black wires (over time from the install, about a year, the reading slowly got more and more off I guess due to the wiring slowly settling). I think there is probably a better place to put this meter, maybe in the cutoff box.

IMG_0939.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
This is the "after" picture. It's still not great but it's reading properly. Before it was positioned further left (you can see the indentations on the red wire (coming from the solar). It was jammed in there under the other larger black wires (over time from the install, about a year, the reading slowly got more and more off I guess due to the wiring slowly settling). I think there is probably a better place to put this meter, maybe in the cutoff box.

View attachment 721812
You are saying where it was positioned on the wire, and how close, tight to others, made a difference? Is this technically true? My gut is saying hard to believe, but,....

Here is the solar output measured by the TEG yesterday. It's pretty obvious when I moved it. The Enphase graph now shows 100% off grid use during the peak pricing period whereas yesterday showed consumption (the difference between what the solar was producing and what the TEG was reading). I can post those graphs as well if any one is interested.

IMG_BE24C80868B7-1.jpeg