Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new Model 3 LR, and I cannot find how to display the Odometer readings. I see it at the bottom of my phone app, but not on the car. The Owner's Manual says that it appears when I press the "T" symbol on the touchscreen - only problem is that there is no "T" symbol there. Any suggestions?

IIRC the info is available via 3rd party apps if you really want it.

It IS tracked, as mentioned above... but most engineers at Tesla aren't UI engineers, they're working on self driving, or actual vehicle/battery engineering. Totally different fields.

Remember- Teslas UI still doesn't even offer user-selected waypoints in navigation. Something Garmin has had for like 20 years.
True, but as a software engineer myself I have to think it wouldn't take too many engineers to have the idea to include this relevant information in the UI. Guess they were too busy working on Fart Mode, no knock against that hilarious feature but c'mon, prioritize.

Ya the UI is definitely lacking. Maybe it's because they're spending all their man-hours on the Tesla car-sharing app.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you are also looking for the trip computers. If you hold your finger in the lower left side of the screen and swipe right it will pull them on to your main screen. The swipe up and down on the displayed computer to see additional trip computers.

TPMS is in the same place but rather than swiping right, start out in the middle of the screen and swipe left.

You can also use voice commands, Hold down the right nipple and say, display TPMS or display trip computer.

Enjoy.
What is TPMS?

Upvote 0
It sounds like you are also looking for the trip computers. If you hold your finger in the lower left side of the screen and swipe right it will pull them on to your main screen. The swipe up and down on the displayed computer to see additional trip computers.

TPMS is in the same place but rather than swiping right, start out in the middle of the screen and swipe left.

You can also use voice commands, Hold down the right nipple and say, display TPMS or display trip computer.

Enjoy.
I have a new 2021 Model 3 SR that I got a couple days ago, my first Tesla. I tried that swiping right from the bottom left corner, and it did not show me trip meters. (I also tried swiping from the middle left, although I don't know what TPMS is, and nothing happened.) Has that capability changed since you posted that?

Upvote 0