Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM front towing hook is the wrong size!

Does your towing hook fit?

• Yes, I tested it

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, why does Elon hate me so much?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was stuck in the snow today, my fault completely, but I was very disappointed to find that the OEM front towing hook (located under the frunk liner) doesn't fit the female screw-in receptacle! Bizarre, but I worked on it for 10 minutes, multiple adults attempted, and it was lined up appropriately (not cross-threaded). I could see just fine. The male screw-in portion of the hook is very obviously too large for the female receiving end on the car. As a result, my car remains stranded.

I'll contact tesla about this, but I suggest others test theirs now before finding out it doesn't work later! I'm obviously very disappointed.

oh ***. Is this really the way to do it? I'm not near the car for a long time, is this the answer? I probably need to forfeit my car and look at tricycles.
This thread may contribute as well Towing Screw-Eye, Can't get it to screw in

Take home: likely counter-clockwise, and likely first couple attempts will require dramatic force.
Any idea why these are counter clockwise? I did not have any internet/phone service to learn about this where I was stranded.