Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM suspension part number/naming codes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I'm looking into replacing my early-2019 SR+ suspension with parts from a new model.

Looking in the parts category, I'm having trouble figuring out what's what. Does anybody know what E2, E1D, E3, etc., mean? Any suggestions on how to pick out the right parts for a SR+? And finally, once I've determined what to buy, how do I order as an individual?

Untitled.jpg

Oops, posted too soon. My search didn't turn this up the first time around, but here is a helpful post on the topic:

Cliffs notes:
e3 = Long range
e2 = mid range
e1 = standard range

Any tips on how to order these parts from tesla?

Just exploring the options. I still find the stock spring rate too stiff even with the teins. I've heard a lot of anecdotal comments that the newer models ride really nice compared to the older ones, so I'm thinking I might install new OEM everything, or maybe mix and match new OEM springs with the teins.

Reactions: Tbailey4
Just exploring the options. I still find the stock spring rate too stiff even with the teins. I've heard a lot of anecdotal comments that the newer models ride really nice compared to the older ones, so I'm thinking I might install new OEM everything, or maybe mix and match new OEM springs with the teins.

I hope thats not a bad omen for me as I've still got my teins NIB sitting on the garage floor...

The UP "mild" springs are supposed to be a bit softer than stock, I've been debating grabbing some of those myself, but not really interested in lowering the car so we'll see. I wasnt able to dig up much about the "comfort suspension" that seems to have rolled out since about 10/22 either. EPC does say all of the suspension components are over the counter, but I dont believe you can buy the springs without the dampers. I'd be interested to see what you find out.

Oops, posted too soon. My search didn't turn this up the first time around, but here is a helpful post on the topic:

Cliffs notes:
e3 = Long range
e2 = mid range
e1 = standard range

Any tips on how to order these parts from tesla?
I'm in the same boat as you, I just figured it out today and got results. Use the App, You have to make a service appointment. Go to service, request service,, scroll down to 'Other,' check 'something else', In 'describe concern": list the parts that you want and tell them you are doing the installation and you want parts only. Give your address, choose a date for the service. A tech will respond with the parts and price. You can get details about picking up at service center and payment. Ask them to send a complete invoice to your email. At this point you have not committed to anything. After looking at the invoice you have to give permission to bill you for the parts. After seeing that there were no up dates on the coils and dampers for my car I had them cancel the service appt/order. Note: you can only purchase parts that say "over the counter". The other parts must be installed by Tesla.

I hope thats not a bad omen for me as I've still got my teins NIB sitting on the garage floor...

The UP "mild" springs are supposed to be a bit softer than stock, I've been debating grabbing some of those myself, but not really interested in lowering the car so we'll see. I wasnt able to dig up much about the "comfort suspension" that seems to have rolled out since about 10/22 either. EPC does say all of the suspension components are over the counter, but I dont believe you can buy the springs without the dampers. I'd be interested to see what you find out.

The UP "mild" springs are supposed to be a bit softer than stock, I've been debating grabbing some of those myself, but not really interested in lowering the car so we'll see. I wasn't able to dig up much about the "comfort suspension" that seems to have rolled out since about 10/22 either. EPC does say all of the suspension components are over the counter, but I dont believe you can buy the springs without the dampers. I'd be interested to see what you find out.
Yes, fronts are Damper/coil assemblies. I have 2019 M3 SR. I took all the numbers off my suspension, coils and dampers, then without giving numbers, I ordered them from tesla to see if there were any updates, they sent me an invoice but the numbers were exactly the same, no updates. They would not have the conversation about buying parts for later models. I cancelled the order and I'm now regrouping. Like others, I want a less harsh ride and I prefer to use OEM parts. I'm not interested in lowring and I don't trust coil over setups. The price was about $1200 for two front coil/damper assemblies, two rear coils and two rear dampers. I plan to investigate coils and dampers for 2022 or 2023 model.

Reactions: XPsionic
Hi Folks,

I'm looking into replacing my early-2019 SR+ suspension with parts from a new model.

Looking in the parts category, I'm having trouble figuring out what's what. Does anybody know what E2, E1D, E3, etc., mean? Any suggestions on how to pick out the right parts for a SR+? And finally, once I've determined what to buy, how do I order as an individual?

View attachment 907117
Hi Folks,

View attachment 907117
I've been doing the same thing, like you I want a less harsh ride and I'm not interested in lower or going after market. My first attempt was to see if any updates were made on dampers or coils for my 2019 M3 SR. I had to act like I was going to order the parts to get an invoice and determined there were no updates. From all I've read the 2022, 2023 ride much better. The question is, what is different? I assume coils and dampers, All the other suspension parts seem to be used on all models except when its awd. In that case one front lower arm is different. I'm considering on doing a little more research on this issue and someone might have some input. I'm considering renting a M3 for 24 hours, drive it back-to-back with my car to determine if there is a significant difference. Then I will go weigh both cars one axle at a time to see if they are close. Then back to my lift, pull the wheels of the rental and record suspension numbers, measure sway bars and note any other differences. Am I missing something or has this already been figured out?
Hi Folks,

View attachment 907117

Reactions: XPsionic