Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off Menu LR RWD Order: Request Denied, Order Date Kicked Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

eloder

Mar 12, 2015
Ohio, USA
Hey people,

I just received completion of my LR RWD order. Unfortunately, it's now the exact same as my original MR order (no LR added), but now with a 1.5 later order date. Which puts me at likely past the full tax credit date for a near east coast delivery. Yuck, I might have to consider AWD or cancellation (and wait for SR/SR+PUP).

Has anyone else seen this? Unfortunately Sales was closed by the time I got the email, but I'll have to call and confirm if my estimated delivery range was also kicked back 1.5 weeks.

Well you were after the "guaranteed" ship by date for the full tax credit. Anytime after that you will most likely get the half credit $3750 instead.
Option 3 - upgrade to P3D for the $5000 discount!

AWD (with taking white off to help compensate) is an option for me, at the very top end of my stretch range. Performance would be awesome but a no-go for me :D

As an update, I called Sales this morning and they stated my off menu change is still processing and not closed out, so they are unsure of if it is still going through or not--only unusual thing was me receiving a new vehicle purchase agreement. However, my app (coincidentally?) now displays my referral code and tutorials instead of saying no products, so perhaps that has some meaning.

All I did was opt out of the arbitration agreement, and for some reason I got an updated Order Agreement sent to my email with an "order date" of yesterday. And I put my order in for the RWD LR on 10/15. The website still says estimated delivery of Nov 2018, however. Seems strange since my order did not change one bit.

All I did was opt out of the arbitration agreement, and for some reason I got an updated Order Agreement sent to my email with an "order date" of yesterday. And I put my order in for the RWD LR on 10/15. The website still says estimated delivery of Nov 2018, however. Seems strange since my order did not change one bit.

Where was the estimated delivery date showing for you? Does that only show when the VIN is generated? (I can edit the design and see estimated delivery times, but they are still 6-10 weeks out).

Where was the estimated delivery date showing for you? Does that only show when the VIN is generated? (I can edit the design and see estimated delivery times, but they are still 6-10 weeks out).

On my Tesla Account webpage, I click the "manage" button, and in the right window below my reservation number and price it says: "Estimated delivery by Nov.'18". I have not been assigned a VIN yet.

AWD (with taking white off to help compensate) is an option for me, at the very top end of my stretch range. Performance would be awesome but a no-go for me :D

As an update, I called Sales this morning and they stated my off menu change is still processing and not closed out, so they are unsure of if it is still going through or not--only unusual thing was me receiving a new vehicle purchase agreement. However, my app (coincidentally?) now displays my referral code and tutorials instead of saying no products, so perhaps that has some meaning.

Prior to the announcement of the MR, wasn't black interior still the only option for LR RWD? Could they have cancelled because you tried to do white interior with the LR RWD?

Prior to the announcement of the MR, wasn't black interior still the only option for LR RWD? Could they have cancelled because you tried to do white interior with the LR RWD?

I've heard of a couple of people who were able to successfully change to white interior LR RWD off menu, and the representative who put in the request said that that particular combo would work too.