Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official roof rack for the Model 3 out of stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With not being in stock for some time and reading of some owners having installation issues, can one assume that Tesla has withdrawn the roof rack altogether? Tesla themselves are not giving out any info on the matter which I can only assume is because they see it would hurt sales, or could there be other reasons? Their communications dept. (do they have one?) should actually communicate on this (for some) important matter. Seems rather amateurish the whole thing.

With not being in stock for some time and reading of some owners having installation issues, can one assume that Tesla has withdrawn the roof rack altogether? Tesla themselves are not giving out any info on the matter which I can only assume is because they see it would hurt sales, or could there be other reasons? Their communications dept. (do they have one?) should actually communicate on this (for some) important matter. Seems rather amateurish the whole thing.

The reason could be that the original manufacturer is making more and it's just a matter of time before Tesla has inventory again. If they don't have inventory, there isn't much to comment on.

There are other aftermarket solutions that seem to work perfectly fine, though. Yakima makes a system that fits, and in fact I believe they are the original manufacturer of the Tesla branded unit.

• Helpful
Reactions: steve in socal
The reason could be that the original manufacturer is making more and it's just a matter of time before Tesla has inventory again. If they don't have inventory, there isn't much to comment on.

There are other aftermarket solutions that seem to work perfectly fine, though. Yakima makes a system that fits, and in fact I believe they are the original manufacturer of the Tesla branded unit.

Which one is the yakima system that fits into the little angle brackets?

Bought and installed M3 roof rack. Easy to install after watching Youtube videos. Only slightly challenging part is getting torque correct for bolt. Very quite on freeway. Barely any additional wind noise. Added Yakima Highroad bike rack.

Attachments

• 58208539388__C081DACF-E7C5-4F84-AD2C-4D50863EFD84.JPG
    58208539388__C081DACF-E7C5-4F84-AD2C-4D50863EFD84.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 64
  • srfNdI89Q6qnoUWTcqCeJg.jpg
    srfNdI89Q6qnoUWTcqCeJg.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 5LXBnzx5TQWJn88GBFtQlw.jpg
    5LXBnzx5TQWJn88GBFtQlw.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 5LXBnzx5TQWJn88GBFtQlw.jpg
    5LXBnzx5TQWJn88GBFtQlw.jpg