Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Tesla power and weight of 2021 M3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the title for my car, and just registered it. I was surprised to see only '346 HP' in there. And finally know the exact weight, after seeing both 4,000 and 4,100. It's 4,061 lbs, so actually closer to the latter. But going back to the power figure, there has to be an error, since no way the acceleration this heavy car has at both low to high speeds, reflects 346 HP IMO. But I'd like to hear what's the real life figures for both HP and TQ on the LRs. Anybody? Thank you.

I believe that may have been the official number before the two power boost updates. And Tesla is probably also underrating their power figures like BMW does. If I were to take a guess, I think it may have been 346 at the wheels and after 2 5% power boosts, that number is probably closer to 370-380hp at the wheels. Which would check out with a 4.2 0-60 I think.

At 80% charge with 22degC battery temp I get a max output of 320Kw which equates to 430bhp.
Hey, thank you. And that'd be at the wheels, right? So about 500 HP 'at the crank', to make it comparable to ICE cars. My Bullitt has 480HP, and M3 LR is quicker... but it's a manual, and lighter, so 500 sounds about right for the weight and acceleration IMO. How about MAX TQ? And finally, is there a way to get data of a Tesla on a dyno? Could you get HP/TQ over speed, rather than RPM? Curious about that. Thx.

Hey, thank you. And that'd be at the wheels, right? So about 500 HP 'at the crank', to make it comparable to ICE cars. My Bullitt has 480HP, and M3 LR is quicker... but it's a manual, and lighter, so 500 sounds about right for the weight and acceleration IMO. How about MAX TQ? And finally, is there a way to get data of a Tesla on a dyno? Could you get HP/TQ over speed, rather than RPM? Curious about that. Thx.

No...it would be 420 at the crank when measured. Performance boost is 500 at the crank

A similar weight m340i can do 0-60 in about 4 seconds with 380whp. The reason your bullit is slower is less traction/rwd and shifting

Also, model 3 dynos are extensively covered in this forum. A quick Google search will find you answers:
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor vs. Performance Dyno Results

Last edited: