Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh Snap! VIN and MVPA!!! Blue/White PUP Sacramento

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone with a VIN: Call your service center or Fremont sales room and they can track the car pretty much live (mine's an hour away from the delivery center - sorry to rub it in). I bet anyone with a VIN's car is en route. VIN means built. They aren't in the business of storing cars but I'm sure it takes a while to get a car from Fremont to the East Coast. The trucks usually stop a few times along the way.

Reactions: ReggaeDragon
Everyone with a VIN: Call your service center or Fremont sales room and they can track the car pretty much live (mine's an hour away from the delivery center - sorry to rub it in). I bet anyone with a VIN's car is en route. VIN means built. They aren't in the business of storing cars but I'm sure it takes a while to get a car from Fremont to the East Coast. The trucks usually stop a few times along the way.
Congratulations Fry_Esq.!! You will LOVE your Blue/White MY!!! Enjoy, it is definitely worth the wait!

I thought some people had posted that they received VINs but were told they were in pre-production. Maybe I’m wrong and they didn’t have VINs but just had texts indicating they’d receive delivery in the coming weeks?

We got the 2-4 week email last Tuesday. Today the MVPA was online. We ordered 4/4/20 and added the tow hitch 5/16?. Looks like it might happen soon. Our Vin is 15xxx. We discovered that our Navy Fed preapproval is good for 90 days so we still have another 30 days or so to pick up the check and get our locked rate of 2.29% for 72 months...so far, all has gone very well but still nervous about the fit and finish!

We ordered our Y 3/15/19 about 30 seconds after the reveal. White on white long range AWD no FSD and we added the hitch. Is there anyone out there that has waited longer? I fear that when we added the hitch it put us to the back of the line. Or, is there no logic to any of this and it’s just bad luck. We live 3.5 hours from the Fremont factory and existing S owner. We want our Y ASAP but then again, each day it should be getting better with tweaks and improvements. Just curious how many have been waiting this long. No ViN of course.

We ordered our Y 3/15/19 about 30 seconds after the reveal. White on white long range AWD no FSD and we added the hitch. Is there anyone out there that has waited longer? I fear that when we added the hitch it put us to the back of the line. Or, is there no logic to any of this and it’s just bad luck. We live 3.5 hours from the Fremont factory and existing S owner. We want our Y ASAP but then again, each day it should be getting better with tweaks and improvements. Just curious how many have been waiting this long. No ViN of course.
I have been waiting 8 minutes less than you, as I ordered 9 minutes after reservations were opened up. I ordered the EXACT same car as you, without the hitch. However, I did want to trade in my Model 3.

Like you, I never heard anything beyond asking for all my trade info/pictures. After reading so many reports of people getting their car in 30 days or less, I cancelled the order and reordered again w/o the trade. I feel I'm already further along because I've got an "Order Agreement", which I never saw on the initial order. It really seemed that there was something wrong with my initial order because I never got any texts/emails, etc. that everyone else was getting.

I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but after talking with Tesla last week and being quoted "8-12 weeks", I felt like I had nothing to lose. I have the feeling Tesla is going to hold onto the $2500 deposits and fulfill new orders first. That, coupled with the fact I had attached a trade to my purchase, made me an undesirable. Now that I'll pay full price and can pick up in Fremont might make them want to get a car to me by the end of this quarter.

I ordered on Day 0 within the 1st 5 minutes once the website went live.
White on white, Performance w FSD
Yep, still waiting for VIN!

• Informative
Reactions: Wshowell
I have been waiting 8 minutes less than you, as I ordered 9 minutes after reservations were opened up. I ordered the EXACT same car as you, without the hitch. However, I did want to trade in my Model 3.

Like you, I never heard anything beyond asking for all my trade info/pictures. After reading so many reports of people getting their car in 30 days or less, I cancelled the order and reordered again w/o the trade. I feel I'm already further along because I've got an "Order Agreement", which I never saw on the initial order. It really seemed that there was something wrong with my initial order because I never got any texts/emails, etc. that everyone else was getting.

I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but after talking with Tesla last week and being quoted "8-12 weeks", I felt like I had nothing to lose. I have the feeling Tesla is going to hold onto the $2500 deposits and fulfill new orders first. That, coupled with the fact I had attached a trade to my purchase, made me an undesirable. Now that I'll pay full price and can pick up in Fremont might make them want to get a car to me by the end of this quarter.

I waited an hour less than you from the day of reservations were opened up and lives in 5 mins away from Fremont Factory, So far nothing. Their production schedule is like producing vehicle for the most remote location first, then move in as quarter end approaches. the closer you lived to their factory, the later you you will get your vehicle. For us who paid with $2500 deposits at day 0? forget it. we are at bottom of theirs order priority, people like us won't just cancel after a year of wait. they are feed on our consumer loyalty. I finally decide to cancel my PUP White/White on May 31st 11pm, and reorder a LR White/white on June 1st. In less than 48 hours, I got a call from Tesla saying my Y will be ready before the end of this quarter.

I am jealous, I have a blue/white LR AWD with induction wheels and tow hitch just waiting with no correspondence, no VIN in the source code, or changes to my TESLA account. :(. Hopefully i hear something soon.

I hear ya,, I’m white/white AWD,, ordered 3/1

Same boat as you guys and ordered January. White/white 20" with tow hitch. I just got rid of my FSD, after reconsidering whether I would actually use it or not since I enjoy driving, hopefully that won't affect my place in line-- no VIN but I did get the 2-4 week text. We have to have a white interior viewing party as these start being delivered!

I waited an hour less than you from the day of reservations were opened up and lives in 5 mins away from Fremont Factory, So far nothing. Their production schedule is like producing vehicle for the most remote location first, then move in as quarter end approaches. the closer you lived to their factory, the later you you will get your vehicle. For us who paid with $2500 deposits at day 0? forget it. we are at bottom of theirs order priority, people like us won't just cancel after a year of wait. they are feed on our consumer loyalty. I finally decide to cancel my PUP White/White on May 31st 11pm, and reorder a LR White/white on June 1st. In less than 48 hours, I got a call from Tesla saying my Y will be ready before the end of this quarter.
That's great. It seems like you made the right choice.

Did your $2500 deposit get refunded without any problems? I'm still waiting.

So this is what it feels like!? These mofos know how to build that anticipation!

Went online to do source code (Monday morning ritual) and saw the MVPA! Thanks for making it easy for me Tesla!

Vin: 11XXX. Got the 10 day build text recently and ordered 2/26/20.

Anyone else? If you got the text I'd hop online and check your account.

Update: Called yesterday and they said the car was en route and an hour out. They said once they get it there's about a 24 hour turnaround to "QC" and detail it. Two different people at the Rocklin location told me the same thing. Delivery was supposed to be Friday but I asked if it was possible if it could be sooner and that's when she reminded me about the 24 hour turnaround. She said delivery today was possible but pretty much guaranteed for tomorrow.

It took everything in me but I waited until this morning and drove out there. Car was there, it was a beauty. It was definitely not QC'd or detailed but I imagine it got in late yesterday. Panel gaps were money, the only thing I found was this issue with the taillights kind of protruding out so the hatch can go down. Haven't done my research yet but will certainly point it out. Best part, my phone unlocked it so I just sat in it for a half hour adjusting the settings. That white interior though! Hold out if you can, it's worth it.

I went up to the people working (Covid adapted) and told them it was mine and I would love to take delivery today if possible. They said it's possible. I went to the bank to get my check. I called to confirm, first guy says no earlier than Friday. I tell him about my two separate conversations and he passed me along to another person. That person said he'd look into it and get back to me. I offered him $100.00 if he could get it to me today :p.

Car is amazing beyond describing, experience is insanely poor beyond describing. I certainly agree with a lot of others that Tesla really needs to step it up. This is an $80k car. Model X/S' are over $100k. Delivery timelines and communication should be pristine. Do you think BMW/Mercedes customers feel this way? I highly doubt it!

Still excited though...just certain I'm never doing the new car through Tesla thing for a while. Hope I have this for the rest of my life!

P.S. Bad news: I thought they'd of gotten a whole truck load of PUP/White Interiors but mine was the only one there. They stopped at Lathrop before Rocklin so maybe mine got squeezed on at the last minute. Thought it was going to be a batch.

2A49E1CE-DCA1-41E5-B369-1463E8D54A14.jpeg
2A49E1CE-DCA1-41E5-B369-1463E8D54A14.jpeg 950E17DE-F39E-4193-B995-3D95F0B7B5B1.jpeg 27707706-7026-4F66-9CEF-B9CD5AA96686.jpeg 1E5339CA-6BC7-443A-8585-39456A60E797.jpeg
So this is what it feels like!? These mofos know how to build that anticipation!

Went online to do source code (Monday morning ritual) and saw the MVPA! Thanks for making it easy for me Tesla!

Vin: 11XXX. Got the 10 day build text recently and ordered 2/26/20.

Anyone else? If you got the text I'd hop online and check your account.

Picked up two days early! Oh boy was it worth the wait. Virtually perfect. Couple dirt marks they missed inside and the weird taillight alignment issue but other than that, stellar. Built on 6/5, Vin and mvpa on 6/8 and delivery on 6/10. Thanks to everyone here, definitely helped make the wait time go faster and I learned quite a bit!