Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohme App - adding tesla issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm trying to add my tesla to the ohme app.

I have two electric cars, so I switch the profiles regularly for "smart charging"

But now when I try and add the tesla back it comes up with "the sign in couldn't be completed, please check your credentials and try again" even though they are the correct details I have used.

I read something about Tesla changing the API, and maybe the ohme app needs an update? This issue has only happened in the last couple of days.

This is a pain in Ohme. I ended up just having non-Tesla profile and switch to max charging manually whenever I plug the Tesla in. The whole car switching process is clearly not very well though out.

I’ve been having the same issue recently and have been in touch with Ohme support. They have recommended that I:

1. Make sure the charger is unplugged. This is always important when making any changes in the app.
  2. Log out of your Tesla app and log back in. Avoid using biometric login such as facial or finger recognition and manually type in your credentials to confirm they are correct.
  3. In the Ohme app go to the 'Manage My EV' section and tap 'Switch Car'.
  4. Select a different make and model to your own car. Plug the charger into the car for about 30 seconds to save this change.
  5. Unplug the charger and go back into the Ohme app, 'Manage My EV section'.
  6. Tap 'Switch Car' and this time select Tesla again and when prompted to, log in with your Tesla account credentials.
  7. Once you have successfully changed the car, you should be returned to the 'Manage my EV' section with the battery status showing on the right side of the car image.

However this still isn’t working for me. Has anyone else managed to resolve this issue?

I too am unable to log in my Tesla Model 3 into Ohme.... last they said was 6 days ago....

"
Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Ohme-Tesla login.

We have recently become aware that there is an issue affecting Tesla API functionalities. Our Product team is currently investigating this issue and will look to resolve this as soon as possible.

As an Ohme Labs feature, communication directly through your vehicle (via API) is still in development. As a result, it may not work as intended from time to time.

For the moment you would need to disconnect the API link (by clicking Continue Without Account after selecting your car make) and then adjust your charge schedule slightly to 'add' a certain amount of charge rather than meeting a 'target'.

There is more information about how to charge without API support in our support article below:

How do I choose the right schedule for my car?

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that as long as this issue is under investigation by the Product team, it will not be monitored for replies and will be considered closed. If you require any other assistance or have any other questions, please send a new email to [email protected]