Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, so...did everyone get their cars by the end of 2019?

For those that ordered by the cut-off of December 8, did you receive your Model 3 by end of year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had luck taking delivery or their SR+? Ordered my SR+ on Dec 2, was given 12/28 delivery date, they postponed to 12/30, then delayed again with no new date (was never assigned VIN). Tesla rep went radio silent on me, after informing me that I wouldn't get my SR+ before EOY and not returning messages....been over 2 weeks since I've heard from Tesla.

Anyone had luck taking delivery or their SR+? Ordered my SR+ on Dec 2, was given 12/28 delivery date, they postponed to 12/30, then delayed again with no new date (was never assigned VIN). Tesla rep went radio silent on me, after informing me that I wouldn't get my SR+ before EOY and not returning messages....been over 2 weeks since I've heard from Tesla.

Same situation as you here. I am in OC as well. Check my signature for order details. As of today, 1/14.. never received a delivery date or a VIN since I ordered.

There is a bunch of us December and some November orders waiting w/same config in this thread: SR/SR+ Waiting Room

I’m on my way back to Southern California after taking a tour at the Fremont factory last night. I’ve already passed two car carriers full of Model 3’s on their way to Southern California so I know they are at least doing some deliveries this week.

Probably one of them is mine :) . I got my VIN assigned last night. My delivery date is for tomorrow. Good Luck to all.

Still waiting for my car. Ordered November 2nd, but I was out of town for a few days at the end of December so I had to delay my delivery. My account still shows the MVPA with VIN for my P3D+ that some lucky bastard got to pick up.

My account stopped showing an estimated delivery date a long time ago, and no one at Tesla has been able to give me an estimate for when they'll have a car for me again or even where I am on a waiting list. This is one of the worst purchasing experiences I've ever been through and I'm starting to consider alternatives. Anyone else in the same boat?

Still waiting for my car. Ordered November 2nd, but I was out of town for a few days at the end of December so I had to delay my delivery. My account still shows the MVPA with VIN for my P3D+ that some lucky bastard got to pick up.

My account stopped showing an estimated delivery date a long time ago, and no one at Tesla has been able to give me an estimate for when they'll have a car for me again or even where I am on a waiting list. This is one of the worst purchasing experiences I've ever been through and I'm starting to consider alternatives. Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm in the same boat. Ordered in October but missed my 12/31 appt. because I was out of town...they called the night before to confirm. I actually did get a delivery estimate for the first week of February, but I'll be surprised if that's accurate. There's just no other ICE car I'm interested in that doesn't get less than 20mpg in the city. Coming from an old Q7 that takes $90+ to fill the tank, no thanks, I'll wait.

Hi All
Same situation as you here. I am in OC as well. Check my signature for order details. As of today, 1/14.. never received a delivery date or a VIN since I ordered.

There is a bunch of us December and some November orders waiting w/same config in this thread: SR/SR+ Waiting Room
Tesla called me this morning informing me that my SR+ is scheduled for delivery this Thursday <fingers crossed>. Just checked my account and there's a VIN assigned....I'm cautiously optimistic, I hope they don't pull the rug underneath from me for a 3rd time....also asked about the federal rebate and was told they will give me a $1750 credit towards purchase price....again, I'm trying not to get to excited...will be waiting on pins and needles next few days....I hope others will hear from Tesla soon!

I'm in the same boat. Ordered in October but missed my 12/31 appt. because I was out of town...they called the night before to confirm. I actually did get a delivery estimate for the first week of February, but I'll be surprised if that's accurate. There's just no other ICE car I'm interested in that doesn't get less than 20mpg in the city. Coming from an old Q7 that takes $90+ to fill the tank, no thanks, I'll wait.

Same here. I got a call on 12/30 to come pick up on the 31st. I was out of town and had no way to get back in time. I'm car-less right now, which probably isn't helping with patience.

After months of reading through these threads, did everyone get their cars? How was the event? Are we all good?
After months of reading through these threads, did everyone get their cars? How was the event? Are we all good?

No. I ordered in Nov and SA said I'd definitely receive it before end of year in time for the tax credit. I was supposed to get it with the delivery mid-Dec. Tesla sent me an online scheduler and I picked the delivery date. That day came and went with no information or response to my calls. SA finally told me the there was an error with the online scheduler and I was never assigned a VIN and also there was an I-5 freeway shutdown that delayed deliveries. They missed the end of year deadline and Tesla said they won't discount the car to adjust for missing the tax credit because it was an "act of God". I finally got a delivery date with 2 days notice for tomorrow- but surprise- they won't honor my CarMax trade in as previously agreed to because it's now expired and I have to get a new one. I'm at the end of my rope. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
No. I ordered in Nov and SA said I'd definitely receive it before end of year in time for the tax credit. I was supposed to get it with the delivery mid-Dec. Tesla sent me an online scheduler and I picked the delivery date. That day came and went with no information or response to my calls. SA finally told me the there was an error with the online scheduler and I was never assigned a VIN and also there was an I-5 freeway shutdown that delayed deliveries. They missed the end of year deadline and Tesla said they won't discount the car to adjust for missing the tax credit because it was an "act of God". I finally got a delivery date with 2 days notice for tomorrow- but surprise- they won't honor my CarMax trade in as previously agreed to because it's now expired and I have to get a new one. I'm at the end of my rope. Has this happened to anyone else?

I am very late replying to this, maybe too late... but... for me... I knew my trade-in value would expire due to Tesla's ridiculous wait time and how they kept pushing things back, so I texted my SA about this and he said he talked to the trade-in team and they would honor the price til Dec 31 (which is the day I took delivery, 7 weeks after my order date) as long as I kept it within 1000 miles of the mileage on my trade-in paperwork. In this case, it wasn't matching Carmax, it was Tesla's own offer that they were maintaining beyond the expiration date, because Tesla offered me more than Carmax did.

Really sucks about the "act of God" though... it sounds like they just screwed up and got to blame it on the I-5. =T