Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, so...did everyone get their cars by the end of 2019?

For those that ordered by the cut-off of December 8, did you receive your Model 3 by end of year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Ordered in November, I had a vin, I wired cash, had a delivery time for 12/31 that was cancelled a few hours before. I went to talk the sales team and they seemed to sound like a lot of people where promised cars in 2019 and tesla did not deliver.

Yes, there was a price reduction after the first drop in incentives. The fact remains they are still selling them as fast as they can make them - that is the point...

Sorry if I’m being a little slow here, but I’m still not following your point. Are you suggesting that Tesla will continue to sell as many cars as they can produce without offering any discounts, price drops, or other incentives because their demand is so strong?

• Disagree
Reactions: RangerMac
Seems like delivery depended upon which model and configuration was ordered. I’m guessing that’s why some people have waited months and didn’t get their cars, while others ordered just a few weeks past or less and got one. So sorry to all those who waited and didn’t get one.

The whole process is super frustrating and I think the reality is that there is so much demand and everyone working at Tesla is grasping to keep up. It was chaos when I picked up my car. I have never experienced anything like it. I signed all my documents without even seeing the car, waited 45 minutes for them to find it and left with no paperwork...!? It was already dark, so I didn’t notice a few issues when I was there and now I need to schedule service through the app, which keeps producing an error. So there are still a lot of unknowns. The buying process is a bit of a mess but it all feels like massive quick growing pains. On the flip side, the vehicle is incredible and drives amazing. I feel like the technology is far ahead of anyone else and I love the idea that it will continue to improve.

I ordered my Performance LR White/Blk, 20” Auto on 12/8 and got delivery on 12/30.

Elasticity of demand is an ever changing equation.

The Model 3 SR at it's cheapest in California was $35,000 - $2,500 CVRP and - $3,750 Federal Tax Credit.

At $39,990 (AP is priced in at $3,000), $2,000 CVRP, and 0 Federal Tax Credit Tesla will sell out production.

As an economist it's very difficult to explain Tesla not having to maintain price drops that matches the subsidies to maintain sales levels. Other than a broad answer is the good has low price elasticity of demand.

Nope. Ordered in November, I had a vin, I wired cash, had a delivery time for 12/31 that was cancelled a few hours before. I went to talk the sales team and they seemed to sound like a lot of people where promised cars in 2019 and tesla did not deliver.

Same story here, nope. :-(

I ordered black/black SR+ on Nov 24, wired over half as downpayment, had a VIN, MVPA, approved Sales Contract, etc.
I noticed @ 6 PM PST yesterday that the VIN had disappeared from my account page. (today that page is all blank except the car pic)
But my 8 PM appt still showed there yesterday, so I headed to the factory by 7 PM and was pulled out of line by a Sales Rep.
He immediately starts talking to me about an LR config, before even explaining that my SR+ was not yet built, as if I already knew that or something.
And yeah, I heard others having the same conversation about which LR would you like to buy instead.

And to pour salt on the wound, this morning, my Tesla app is notifying me that my batter level is too low.
The ID matches the last 6 numbers from the *new* VIN that showed up last night about 11:30 PM.

Pretty disappointing.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer