Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old guy driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 77, had a dozen muscle cars, Vettes, Pantera, etc. This is a game changer. Giggle, new Mustang would not give up, I beat him 3 times. Last time I noticed he dropped off. Next I saw was cop on motorcycle, he pulled along side. Motioned for me to roll window down. He hollowed "slow down". I flashed a V at him and smiled. He drove off. I beat a 488 Ferrari , he finally caught me at 121 mph.
I just watched a video on my car, dang, it does alot I haven't tried. But, never buying gas, etc,, etc, is really cool at 161k miles.
I have a truck on order, when it arrives, I will give S to my grand daughter. That will be a fun day.

I made my youngest order a truck -- to money motivate him.

Ah, when user IDs were PPNs: 70365,1327 (Compuserve, circa 1985)

I loved DEC minis, the first computer I used in high school via 110 baud KSR-33 teletype with punch tape. The other one we could access was Xerox Data Systems, but I don't know what system that was running.

Ah, when user IDs were PPNs: 70365,1327 (Compuserve, circa 1985)

I loved DEC minis, the first computer I used in high school via 110 baud KSR-33 teletype with punch tape. The other one we could access was Xerox Data Systems, but I don't know what system that was running.

I used a DEC 20 as my first real college computer. OS was Tops20. Our labs were in Pascal (and then some LISP). I helped my IE wife do her Fortran engineering labs and she still owes me. Today's it is all Python, Go or language du jour.

I took the first Digital Data Acquisition class offered at UC Davis on a PDP8 in 1980. This was much better than having to take all of your punch cards to another building to a card reader. The engineering building did not even have direct (card reader) access to "The Computer" (only one computer on campus).

Reactions: rxlawdude
Wow, takes me back... PDP-11, punched cards, ...
I also did paper tape
I wanted a Mini-Vax as my first home computer. Way too expensive.
A few years went by and I finally got my first home computer... An Amiga 2000. Put in 4 MB of RAM (that was expensive), 40 MB hard drive on the SCSI bus. It had MIDI sound, a full multi tasking OS. I stress tested it with 23 graphical programs all running at once. Very slowly but all running.

Wow, takes me back... PDP-11, punched cards, ...
I also did paper tape
I wanted a Mini-Vax as my first home computer. Way too expensive.
A few years went by and I finally got my first home computer... An Amiga 2000. Put in 4 MB of RAM (that was expensive), 40 MB hard drive on the SCSI bus. It had MIDI sound, a full multi tasking OS. I stress tested it with 23 graphical programs all running at once. Very slowly but all running.
I had a good friend who went the Amiga route around the time I moved to PC. The Amiga, in retrospect, was way ahead of its time.

Reactions: Puma2020 and same