Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG What the F is this?!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, as some of you might have seen in my other thread, I’m in the process of installing new bumpers on my car.

I was just in the process of removing the rear pre-facelift underbody (protector) shield, when this bad boy dropped out onto the floor!!

I cant seem to find where it’s coming from, but I expect it’s a subframe or suspension part.. anyone who’s able to identify this for me and tell me where it goes?

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• EF92DB3D-CD6C-48C7-A888-0DD9F8CA383E.jpeg
    EF92DB3D-CD6C-48C7-A888-0DD9F8CA383E.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 142
Subframe bolt? Could have been kicked up and has been just laying there ever since
I checked the parts catalog and the subframe bolt no. 3, has identical specs. I drove the car and under acceleration it pulls a bit to the right.. so I think there’s a good chance this bolt is indeed missing from the subframe.

Can I easily put it back in from the bottom of the car? As far as I could find it needs to be torqued at 115nm.

Your doomed. All four wheels can fall off at the same time when driving down the highway.

Just kidding! Just a guess, but seems like road debris. Torqued screws don't often come loose, let alone pull all the way out. I would look for a hole the size of your screw to see if anything is out of place.