Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Pedal Driving Mode Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cars are still put through a multi-step process, they don't simply take in a trade and resell it warts and all hoping you won't call them out on it if the computer is flagging a bunch of issues or something is broken. They may no longer completely repair cosmetic issues but depending on location they have washed and cleaned out the interiors, again not always so YMMV. The certification may have changed but to state they are simply reselling used Teslas with nothing done, no benefit buying used from them (extended warranty added to them/unlimited SC) which is what CPO somewhat covers btw is disingenuous. There are many articles here asking whether someone should buy private vs. Tesla used, and although the price may be higher buying from Tesla they are also extending coverage along with telling you upfront what the car's options are. Some have even stated that Tesla is more willing to honor repairs on used vehicles bought through them as opposed to private as well. I agree that the "Tesla CPO" is no longer stated as such, but there IS a certification process they follow before reselling the vehicles is all I'm saying, unfortunately it isn't all that stringent or followed to a certain criteria that other manufacturers would be held to.

Certified Pre-Owned - Wikipedia

Look, it's simple: Tesla removed the label "CPO" and changed their program at the same time. Wouldn't it make sense for our own designation difference to follow suit so we KNOW which cars were CPO and which weren't? I still don't understand why some seem hell-bent on fighting this idiotic fight to continue calling non-CPO cars CPO when all it does is confuse those in the market for a used car that don't know there's a difference. Why do we want to confuse those who are early in the research process when there's already enough confusion?

What are the pluses to continuing to call them CPO when they are NOT the same program that was actually a CPO program? I've told you the negatives but you have yet to give me a single plus other than keyboard stroke savings.

• Disagree
Reactions: BulldogsRus
Interesting comment about the permanent magnet motors from srredbeard. I have wondered why my Tesla regen does not actually stop the car (like for example an i3 does). Maybe the permanent magnet motors allow much stronger regen at very low RPM.
Permenant magnet motors do have much stronger regeneration at low RPM. I believe this is why it is only included on the Raven.

Sure, they could have done brake blending and made it work on all cars, but I feel like brake blending is a harder challenge when trying to match someone's foot instead of the AP. Finally, my 2017 S sometimes chatters like crazy when its using the AP to brake to a complete stop. I'm told the newer brake setup does not do it - newer design for the booster. This probably came into the decision as well.

Permenant magnet motors do have much stronger regeneration at low RPM. I believe this is why it is only included on the Raven.

Sure, they could have done brake blending and made it work on all cars, but I feel like brake blending is a harder challenge when trying to match someone's foot instead of the AP. Finally, my 2017 S sometimes chatters like crazy when its using the AP to brake to a complete stop. I'm told the newer brake setup does not do it - newer design for the booster. This probably came into the decision as well.
I'm not sure if you're serious about the full stop being harder on non-Raven cars than it is with Autopilot on the exact same car.

• Funny
Reactions: Destiny1701