Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year Anniversary Thoughts on my Model X75D Configuration--Recommendations for new buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Peteski Did you ever get those "industrial cleaning products"? Just wondering if that stain came out... I love the look of the white, but I want to hear experiences with how the upkeep is...

Thanks!

So far, everything I've tried has failed miserably. It's very annoying as the rest of the seats without child seat protectors are all still perfect after 5k miles. Whatever dye transferred off this f*@#*ing seat protector seems to be permanent. Not given up yet though (still got a few things to try) and the white interior is pretty stunning overall. Just have to be extra careful with things like this. Next time I would only use a white seat protector or put a white cotton towel underneath. Live and learn hey! The only saving grace in my case is that the child seat will be in place the whole time we own this car, so it's only going to be a real issue when we hand it back at the end of the finance term. It's really not that bad though (basically a few light grey patches), so I doubt it will be a major issue.

Would I choose white again? Probably not just for all the worry it causes! But then again I hate black leather seats in hot weather and these are definitely cooler at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: Spelly88
So far, everything I've tried has failed miserably. It's very annoying as the rest of the seats without child seat protectors are all still perfect after 5k miles. Whatever dye transferred off this f*@#*ing seat protector seems to be permanent. Not given up yet though (still got a few things to try) and the white interior is pretty stunning overall. Just have to be extra careful with things like this. Next time I would only use a white seat protector or put a white cotton towel underneath. Live and learn hey! The only saving grace in my case is that the child seat will be in place the whole time we own this car, so it's only going to be a real issue when we hand it back at the end of the finance term. It's really not that bad though (basically a few light grey patches), so I doubt it will be a major issue.

Would I choose white again? Probably not just for all the worry it causes! But then again I hate black leather seats in hot weather and these are definitely cooler at the moment.

Exactly what seat cover was it? I have a gray one for a car seat and want to make sure I don’t have it lol.

Ugh. Now I’m seriously considering switching to the Textile. I don’t want to be the guy who tells people they can’t wear jeans in my car.