Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario extends electric car rebate deadline for Tesla buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ontario extends electric car rebate deadline for Tesla buyers | The Star

“The court has rendered its decision. The ministry will abide by the court’s decision and I have directed the ministry to expand the wind-down process for the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program,” Transportation Minister John Yakabuski said in a statement.

“Incentives will be provided as long as the following conditions are met: eligible vehicles were delivered, registered, and plated on or before July 11 or ... were on dealer lots in Ontario — or on order by dealers or by customers directly from manufacturers on or before July 11, and delivered to customers, registered and plated on or before Sept. 10,” he said.​

Also, congratulations on all of you becoming millionaires

The common folks here in Hamilton have a big problem giving rebates of up to $16,000 with our hard-earned money to millionaires buying $80,000, $100,000 cars. We have an issue with that and we want to protect the little person,” the premier said earlier this month.

“Tesla can do what they want, but maybe they should think of coming here and opening up a manufacturing facility like the big five are,” he said in remarks quoted by Myers in his ruling.

“I have a message for Tesla: stop trying to get rebates for your millionaire buddies and putting it on the backs of the hardworking people of ... Ontario.”​

Of course a millionaire industrialist being paid from the public purse would think it is deplorable. Why would you take money from his buddies at polluting corporations and give it to the people of the province to buy cars that don't pollute, are cheap to operate and improve the health outcomes of all of us? That would just be sane, thoughtful and beneficial to everyone. Can't have that.

... Still waiting for my rebate. Am I gonna get interest too?

Reactions: McCaesar