Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Onyx wheels soft powder coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got our Model X back last weekend from being professionally detailed and ceramic coated, and they did a great job overall, however when washing it this weekend, I noticed some small knick marks on two of the wheels from when they dismounted them to treat them.

It looks kind of like whomever was taking them off wasn't too solid with their aim on the socket. I wasn't there to see how it happened, but I figure there are two possibilities. Either the powder coating is soft and easily dented, or someone was careless and moving too quick (perhaps too quick with an air socket).

Anyone have any experience here? With how some of the paint is and all the imperfections this car had, I wouldn't put soft powder coating past them.

I did reach out to the shop owner to let him know and will see what he says. Overall, I'm not worried. I was already going to be getting some matte black touch up paint for them, since my wife already put a small curb kiss on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0533-edit.jpg
    IMG_0533-edit.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0534-edit.jpg
    IMG_0534-edit.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    622.9 KB · Views: 90