Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opel Ampera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that only "alloy wheels" are listed. The Volt has "FORGED Aluminium Wheels," and the Ampera presumably also has forged wheels. Since they are stronger, lighter, and more expensive than cast aluminium, I would think the marketing material would reflect that.

GSP

PS. I hate the term "Alloy Wheels" since stamped steel rims are just as alloyed as aluminium ones are.

The thermal management system is key | Opel Ampera Blog

„Blau fährt grün“ mit dem Opel Ampera

275113.jpg

Margaret Koppers

Guess what appeared in my garage this morning?

AnyKwxtCIAENuIO.jpg:large

Yes - it's a pre-production Ampera!

AnyMN3bCEAExKTh.jpg:large

I was worried about access to the charge port with my narrow garage so - how's this for customer service? - Vauxhall brought one down to test out.

I then got chauffeured to work because Simon from Vauxhall was going that way anyway, so I got to show some interested colleagues.

I can confirm that the car drives really well on the motorway - it's still responsive and silent at 90!

A really nice birthday present from Vauxhall ;-)

Wow David!

Gratulations for the birthday! And for the nice car!

Guess what appeared in my garage this morning?

AnyKwxtCIAENuIO.jpg:large

Yes - it's a pre-production Ampera!

AnyMN3bCEAExKTh.jpg:large

I was worried about access to the charge port with my narrow garage so - how's this for customer service? - Vauxhall brought one down to test out.

I then got chauffeured to work because Simon from Vauxhall was going that way anyway, so I got to show some interested colleagues.

I can confirm that the car drives really well on the motorway - it's still responsive and silent at 90!

A really nice birthday present from Vauxhall ;-)

Hmm not sure - there's an old school Mercedes wagon next door.

If you look closely you might notice we had to fold in a mirror to get in the door. This is a really common garage design over here - they cookie-cuttered them for flats and apartments of a certain era. That's why I wanted to point out the possible issue with the charge port on the left of a RHD car to Vauxhall.

However I didn't expect the mirrors to be an issue, but they are quite a bit wider than my Audi.