Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Source Teslalogger on Raspberry / Docker with ScanMyTesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people that's using the free Google cloud to host TeslaLogger, Google just sent an email to remind me to upgrade it to E2-micro to remain free. Here's part of the email:

"Upgrade your F1-micro VM to an E2-Micro to continue receiving the Free Tier discount.

Hello The_Observer,

We’ve identified that you’re using an F1-micro instance that is a part of the Compute Engine Free Tier. As we improve the experience of the Free Tier, we will be introducing the E2-micro VM, which is a part of a second generation VM family. It offers additional resources for your use, specifically 0.25 vCPU (which burst to 2 vCPU periodically) and 1 GB of RAM."

The extra RAM would be great, not much on the CPU side but atleast it is slightly better.

I received that email too, but didn't came to it up check it out.
So is it a little better than the F1 micro server ? Only in RAM or also in CPU ?

F1 micro has 0.2 vCPUs (burst up to 1 CPU) and 0.5GB of RAM, compared to the new E2-micro 0.25 vCPUs (burst up to 2 CPUs) and 1GB of RAM. Not much on the cpu side, but doubling the ram is certainly welcome.
Are there any tutorials for installing/setting up TeslaLogger on a Google cloud E2-micro server? I currently am using TeslaMate on a Raspberry Pi but would like to try TeslaLogger alongside it and a Google Cloud setup sounds like a good idea.

Are there any tutorials for installing/setting up TeslaLogger on a Google cloud E2-micro server? I currently am using TeslaMate on a Raspberry Pi but would like to try TeslaLogger alongside it and a Google Cloud setup sounds like a good idea.

You can see the instructions here: TeslaLogger/docker_setup.md at master · bassmaster187/TeslaLogger

Also, the E2-micro free tier starts on Aug 1st, not yet for now.

I will probably need to reinstall mine then since it quite often doesn't work...

Reactions: bassmaster
I`m not sure since when, but its a few weeks, i cant access the Grafana stats from the Teslalogger Site. Under Dashboard there are just no Options. Just The green thing.

I tried updating and restarting but nothing changed. Does anyone know what might cause this? I checked Settings but as far as i can see it is correct. I can view the Grafana Stats if i open the URL directly and it is updating.

Screenshot 2021-07-31 040938.jpg

I`m not sure since when, but its a few weeks, i cant access the Grafana stats from the Teslalogger Site. Under Dashboard there are just no Options. Just The green thing.

I tried updating and restarting but nothing changed. Does anyone know what might cause this? I checked Settings but as far as i can see it is correct. I can view the Grafana Stats if i open the URL directly and it is updating.

View attachment 690146
How did you install this? I am not sure how I would particularly fix this if this was installed with a raspberry pi image, but if this was installed the docker method, I would try the troubleshooting methods: TeslaLogger/docker_setup.md at master · bassmaster187/TeslaLogger

Also to everyone that runs teslalogger, does it use much CPU resources? I am asking this since I am running it on google cloud E2 micro seems to be about 1/3 - 1/4 as good as the CPU compared to the Raspberry pi 3, not sure if I will be facing problems because of it.

View attachment 690146

I seem to have the same issue since a couple of days.
My car status was showing OFFLINE, when I know it was online for sure.
When I connected to TeslaLogger website, it showed me the message that the docker-compose.yml file needed to be updated.
So I did just that.
After update, the message on the main website is still there and car wasn't visible at all (not even offline).
In the logs I saw the message that the captcha was needed, so I reconnected my car in the admin panel.
This made sure my car was visible again.
But still I can't connect to Grafana and I still have the message that the docker-compose.yml needs to be updated.

How did you install this? I am not sure how I would particularly fix this if this was installed with a raspberry pi image, but if this was installed the docker method, I would try the troubleshooting methods: TeslaLogger/docker_setup.md at master · bassmaster187/TeslaLogger
Thanks, i installed it using Docker on my UdooBolt and i have a few containers running on there. I dont know if the prune command in the Troubleshooting site is the right way to go. As prune deletes all stopped containers and i dont know if my Data is safe if i do this or what else is going to be deleted. I will have to check that before i do this.

At the moment logging is working and the Status is correct. Only the links to Grafana Data is not there (the green bar that comes when you hover over Dashboards).

Thanks, i installed it using Docker on my UdooBolt and i have a few containers running on there. I dont know if the prune command in the Troubleshooting site is the right way to go. As prune deletes all stopped containers and i dont know if my Data is safe if i do this or what else is going to be deleted. I will have to check that before i do this.

At the moment logging is working and the Status is correct. Only the links to Grafana Data is not there (the green bar that comes when you hover over Dashboards).

The prune does not delete all stopped containers, it deletes unused images. I have a synologly with numerous other docker instances - I use the prune without issue.
Data should be retained

The prune does not delete all stopped containers, it deletes unused images. I have a synologly with numerous other docker instances - I use the prune without issue.
Data should be retained
Hm ok, i`m not familiar with Docker so i looked at the Docker Docs and there it says it will
$ docker system prune

WARNING! This will remove:
- all stopped containers

- all networks not used by at least one container
- all dangling images
- all build cache
Are you sure you want to continue? [y/N] y
But i didn`t read all of the Text on this site as i didn`t have the time. i will look into that. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: goRt
Hi - I had the Tesla Logger working on a Raspberry PI. My car has not been sleeping and I've been disconnecting apps and changing passwords. I'm struggling with TeslaLogger password change - I'm prompted for a 'Captcha' and I have tried the authentication code generated in the app I use for Tesla 2FA. TeslaLogger does not seem to be accepting the 'Captcha' code. (At no point does TeslaLogger web page display a 'Catcha' image).
Can anybody give me any pointers please - this is very frustrating! Apologies If I'm posting to the wrong place!

Hi - I had the Tesla Logger working on a Raspberry PI. My car has not been sleeping and I've been disconnecting apps and changing passwords. I'm struggling with TeslaLogger password change - I'm prompted for a 'Captcha' and I have tried the authentication code generated in the app I use for Tesla 2FA. TeslaLogger does not seem to be accepting the 'Captcha' code. (At no point does TeslaLogger web page display a 'Catcha' image).
Can anybody give me any pointers please - this is very frustrating! Apologies If I'm posting to the wrong place!
I should have added that at no point does a conventional 'Catcha' image appear on the TeslaLogger password change web page:- I was trying 2FA authentication codes out of desperation as this is what the Tesla App and token generator apps use...

I should have added that at no point does a conventional 'Catcha' image appear on the TeslaLogger password change web page:- I was trying 2FA authentication codes out of desperation as this is what the Tesla App and token generator apps use...
In the german Tesla Forum i am in there are more people that are having problems with reconnecting Teslalogger to the Tesla Services. Idont know how long it will take, but bassmaster said he will look into it tomorrow. Seems as that Tesla changed something.

bassmaster
3 h

Ich werde mir Token Problem morgen mal anschauen. Bin gespannt was Tesla da mal tolles gemacht hat.