Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening Charger Port with a tap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I got my new Tesla 3 last week and thrilled. First elec car.

The only one issue I have noticed is that the charger port door doesn't open with a tap when the car is unlocked. It opens correctly all the other ways but not by tapping it.

Is that still a feature and is it possible there is a setting somewhere on the screen that could have disabled that feature.

many thanks to all,
best regards
Charl

The car needs to be awake for the tap to work. I usually open the rear door to wake it then tap.

Many thanks Wnuk. I tried that today. Made sure the car was awake and opened the rear door, but it still didnt work with a tap. Works fine using the main screen or the app. Hmmm. Not sure what the cause might be. Seems like a software issue to me like a setting or something..

It isn't really a 'tap'. You gotta press the bottom of the charge port door with a bit of force for it to open up. Imagine you're pressing one of the mouse buttons on your desktop computer - that amount of force.

It isn't really a 'tap'. You gotta press the bottom of the charge port door with a bit of force for it to open up. Imagine you're pressing one of the mouse buttons on your desktop computer - that amount of force.

Many thanks anandoc, i tried that today but without success unfortunately.

Seems that there is a fault of some kind. I've made a note of it in the service part of the app.