Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening front passenger door from outside

Compuguide

Jun 26, 2019
London
OK. Have I missed a trick here?
So You drive up to a store and stop the car while your friend pops out to buy something.
When they get back to the car they find that they can't open the front passenger door to get into the car (no response) and I have to lean over and press their door open button for them.
Has anyone else experienced this?

JCremonini

Sep 11, 2019
Bucks
8B0EB247-31CD-480E-8C16-62D41C9670E6.png

• Informative
Reactions: Compuguide

enixneo

Apr 4, 2019
Texas
There's also a lock/unlock icon near the top of the car's screen (next to the Tesla logo).

Where you parked the whole time or did you engage Drive?

Compuguide

Jun 26, 2019
London
Thanks guys.
I think you have pointed out the error in my ways.
Where you parked the whole time or did you engage Drive?

I'm pretty sure I had pressed Park and that the car must have been set to auto lock on park.
I'll check the setting in the morning.
Thanks

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC