Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Operational Leasing or Renting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to everyone. I'm currently thinking to purchase a Tesla S ( tomorrow going to see the Model X in Brussels Tesla - who knows.. ) and I have some questions that is not clear yet.
I'm leaving in Belgium at the border between Flanders & Wallonia nearby Leuven.

I will buy in one of my company. The question I have is should I buy it on Operational Leasing ( ADL ) our with a renting.
If I understand well , the security for the buying price is given by Tesla Motor to the leasing company. Means that if something goes wrong with Tesla , you re then stick with a car that can not be repaired if any problem occur, and at the end of the lease time , you will have to buy yet has the company that given the security will be gone. Do I understand this part well ?

About charge at home.
I have a 230V X 3 40A without neutral. So I need a box or a "Juicebooster/Fevira adapter If i'm right. What about the box sold by "The Plug in Company" ? ( My neightbor has such for his Tesla ) .

About options. If I order today I will take , premium , roof , air supension , autopilot and I wondering about the 16,5Kw charger option.

Thanks for your comments.
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

it depends what your accountant says.
If you have your own company it's best to ask him.
In my situation it's a financial renting through KBC. The main reason is that the don't limit km's if you return the car at the end.
For sure it's less costly compared with the Tesla offered renting/leasing.
In Belgium you can privately buy the tesla at the end of a renting, even if your company has payed the renting. You need to pay the minimum of 15%.

Bedankt Noelis
But my question was not about renting/Leasing but about the security of the purchase guarantee. Did KBC keep a value at the end of the contract ( in case you didn't buy it) ? And yes you can buy it after in private from your company but if you're controlled should be bought at the market value :) If 16% ( the min I think for renting ) I'm doubting that the finance controller will accept :)

so you re new owner since 1 week . I have also the doubt about Dual charger did you buy it for travelling or is it really useable for you @Home
Thks
Patrick

The question I have is should I buy it on Operational Leasing ( ADL ) our with a renting.

Depends on your situation. As Noelis mentionned you should check this with your accountant ;).
Financial lease is normally over a longer period and you will need to follow the depreciation norms for your car (standard 5 year) as this will apear as an asset on your balance. With a renting you can write off the car on a shorter period as this will not apear on your balance and is considered as a rent. For the renting you'll need a remaining value > 15%.
Both have advantages and disadvantages.

In Belgium you can privately buy the tesla at the end of a renting, even if your company has payed the renting. You need to pay the minimum of 15%.

True, but be aware of this. As the leasing contract is with the company and not with you privately. So if at the end you buy the car instead of your company, you (normally) should be taxed on this advantage (taxes + social security).
To have an off balance renting (in stead of leasing) the remaining value has to be more than 15%

Just back from Tesla Brussels to see the model X that was there up to today ( going to Ghent for event ).
So I clarify my question . I was probably not clear in my message. The question is not about renting & operational leasing in general ( I know the difference and my wife is accountant ;) ). But I was asking about the Renting/OL given thru Tesla by DLL or ADL .
In fact they are more expensive than KBC or other leasing company because the value given by TESLA has guarantee purchase price is only given if you take one of these 2 financials solutions. Of course Tesla get commission on these and that's why the "purchase guarantee price" is high.
So all is about to take the offer from them , paying more that you should pay with for example KBC , but have a security to have the car bought at the end of the 4 or 5 years contract.
What I still doubt is who will buy, and at with price, a 5 years car with battery than ( NEED? will they still keep enough energy ) to be changed after 8 years ( so keep 3 years ) .
So I suppose most of you guys have take this also in consideration.

Other part of the message what about the 16.5KW charger. Noelis you have take it and it seems MickC it seems you didn't.
Noelis did you had the change to use it after one week :) ?

Thanks !
Patrick

Just to continue on this topic, I think I got scammed by my bank...

For ordered model 3:
68980 € -16% 10716)= 56263€ waarbij ik een eerste verhoogd huurgeld neerleg van 7500excl btw (9075€)

Hierdoor komt het uiteindelijk te 'lenen' bedrag op 47188. Verdeel over de resterende 59 maanden van m'n 60mndn termij zou je snel rekenen op 800€. Neen dus, Belfius rekent hier 905€ /mnd. Is dit nu echt zo duur om een wagen te renten of hebben ze me liggen ?

Just to continue on this topic, I think I got scammed by my bank...

For ordered model 3:
68980 € -16% 10716)= 56263€ waarbij ik een eerste verhoogd huurgeld neerleg van 7500excl btw (9075€)

Hierdoor komt het uiteindelijk te 'lenen' bedrag op 47188. Verdeel over de resterende 59 maanden van m'n 60mndn termij zou je snel rekenen op 800€. Neen dus, Belfius rekent hier 905€ /mnd. Is dit nu echt zo duur om een wagen te renten of hebben ze me liggen ?

En waarom kies je voor renting ? Persoonlijk vind ik dit enkel nuttig voor grote wagenparken.

Mijn laatste krediet bij Belfius voor een wagen bedroeg minder dan 1%. Veel goedkoper dan een renting tenzij je vreest dat waarde van de wagen na 5 jaar minder dan 16% van de nieuwwaarde zou zijn.