Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on frameless windows?

Frameless windows or nah?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I dislike them. Am I going to sell my car over it like some very unhelpful comments might indicate? No. What is with this immature mentality that you must either think the car is 100% perfect or sell it? Nuance seems to be dead these days, and not just with Tesla's!

Going back to the original topic, I find frameless windows are a target for fingerprints galore. Everyone getting out of my car seems to be hellbent on using the window to shut the door with so I get greasy fingerprints all over three of my windows which I waste time cleaning a few times a week. Also if you wash your car and open a door, now there is ~1 inch of dirty water streaking the bottom of your window. Not a big deal but bothers my OCD from the detailing days.

One other consideration is how they'll hold up long term. I've had some older BMW coupes and as they age the alignment of the frameless window gets off. Also I had one where it wouldn't duck automatically when you opened the door. You had to remember to manually do it or risk smashing your glass. Not really worth the tiny bit of cool factor you get from the aesthetic of frameless windows, at least in my humble opinion!

^^^ Im ocd so even on my frame doors i would close the door using the handle because i didnt want my oily paw prints anywhere on the door.

on the tesla, i close the door using the handle ( i use my index and middle finger and push on the handle) so .. ya guessed it .. i dont get my oily paw prints on the door... :p

Reactions: AdamMacDon