Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on this 2015 P90D for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TwistedGray

Ludicrous > Ludacris
Mar 12, 2021
Monterey Bay, CA
Thoughts and Opinions?

Do I hold out for one that has the Ludicrous upgrade or is Insane enough? I'm coming from a 2012 P85 Signature Series with a new 90kWh pack.

Shopping around and could always use a second or tenth opinion from other owners.

It's listed in Facebook Marketplace, and here's the gist for those not on Facebook (direct link - Log into Facebook)

2015/2016 P90D
18,000 miles
AutoPilot
FUSC
FC w/ upgraded MCU2 (NetFlix, Hulu, ...)
Insane+ Mode
No dings, chips, etc

Aftermarket additions: Carbon fiber spoiler, clear bra, front cup holder, wheel guards, Tesla trunk and floor mats, tinted! 18 Month Ceramic Coating to protect Paint (professionally installed) range upgrade, 21" grey turbine wheels, next gen seats, carbon fiber decor, black alcantara headliner, red brake calipers, autopilot, premium interior and lighting, smart air suspension.

S01.jpg
s02.jpg

s03.jpg

Last edited:
That's an early P90D (8/2015) which likely has a V1 battery pack and if that is the case, pass it up (at any price.)
It's far from loaded - no Subzero, UHFS or Pano roof.

Check the battery sticker underneath (turn the wheels to the left and look behind the RF wheel near the front of the battery pack under the car.)
1063792-00-A: V1
1071394-00-A: V2
1088792-00-A: V3

• Helpful
Reactions: All In and AMPd
That's an early P90D (8/2015) which likely has a V1 battery pack and if that is the case, pass it up (at any price.)
It's far from loaded - no Subzero, UHFS or Pano roof.

Check the battery sticker underneath (turn the wheels to the left and look behind the RF wheel near the front of the battery pack under the car.)
1063792-00-A: V1
1071394-00-A: V2
1088792-00-A: V3

I'm 99% sure that this is on a V1 pack as well, and that's kind of what I was thinking/wondering. It does carry the warranty until Aug 2023, and I would plan to sell it before then, but I can't imagine I'll recoup much. Without Ludicrous mode, I'm not sure it's worth his $58,000 asking price. Of course almost every vehicle is priced higher in California than other states.

Thanks for the thought/opinion.

Also, from the "Is insane enough?" question ---- My 2016.5 P90D has insane mode, and it is still more than fast enough to make you sick (2.9 second 0-60). In real world driving, you're not going to have many spots where you can stay at wide-open-throttle long enough to see the difference. There's always something faster out there, but I don't find myself 'missing' not having ludicrous.

I wouldn't let that turn you away from buying a particular car if you like it, but definitely use the lack of ludicrous to get a small price concession.

Also, from the "Is insane enough?" question ---- My 2016.5 P90D has insane mode, and it is still more than fast enough to make you sick (2.9 second 0-60). In real world driving, you're not going to have many spots where you can stay at wide-open-throttle long enough to see the difference. There's always something faster out there, but I don't find myself 'missing' not having ludicrous.

I wouldn't let that turn you away from buying a particular car if you like it, but definitely use the lack of ludicrous to get a small price concession.
Yeah I can agree with that as my current P85/90 gets to speed in just shy of 4 seconds. Do I need to get there nearly twice as fast? Nope, never. BUT it's a mix of fun factor and resale. If it had the Ludicrous mode ($10k) it would certainly help hold the value a bit better than not having it.

Did the P90's back in 2015 all have "Insane/+" modes? I'll have to search that in case someone doesn't know for sure. In other words, is he just talking up what's already there?