Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opti-Coat Pro or Ceramic Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ainanc

Apr 11, 2021
Hello Tesla Family, I just got my 2021 MY and trying to get ceramic coating and tint but I need your inputs.
I received two estimate
1-Ceramic Pro Silver Package $1,864.30
+ Surface De-Con & Claybar
+ 1 Step Paint Correction
+ Wheel De-Iron
+ 1 Layer 9H
+ 1 Layer Light
+ 1 Layer Rain on Windshield + Windows
+ 1 Layer W&C on Wheel Faces
+ Ceramic Pro Sport Door Jambs
+ Interior Detail Post Application
2- Opti-Coat Pro Plus is $1499.00 and includes trim and wheel faces along with all painted surfaces.

Which one would you choose?

Also received pricing from ceramic pro for Interior Coating - $750 (All Seats, Center Consoles, Door Panels & Fabrics) What do you think is it worth it for white interior?

Thanks

I went back and forth with getting ceramic applied to my white interior, but ultimately settled on frequent wipe downs, not regretting that decision yet after 1500 miles and a major coffee spill.

For the exterior I'd suggest a full body PPF wrap with ceramic coating immediately after delivery, cost me 5000 USD.

Reactions: pt19713
I did OptiCoat on my MX back in 2017 and now and now Ceramic Pro Gold (4+1 coats) on my M3. OptiCoat was less expensive and didn’t require annual re-coats of the top layer, which at the time I liked about OptiCoat. In hindsight (75k+ miles), it’s clear *any* coating is going to wear down over time, so I now see the Ceramic Pro reminder to get an annual topcoat refresh as a good thing rather than a detraction. Also, I definitely should have done PPF on the MX, especially given that so many of its miles have been freeway miles.

Neither, but that's just me. Professional ceramic coating is a very bad value.
It's not terrible for people that don't have the experience to do a lot of the detailing processes themselves. Personally, I've been doing it for awhile so I'm not going to pay someone to do it.
Griots G8 orbital buffer, Meguiar's M100 (as needed), Meguiar's M210, Turtle Wax Graphene. Consumer grade products but they do the job well. All it costs is a few hours of my time. The Meguiar's M210 does a great job for most surface scratches and is easy to apply and buff off.

Hello Tesla Family, I just got my 2021 MY and trying to get ceramic coating and tint but I need your inputs.
I received two estimate
1-Ceramic Pro Silver Package $1,864.30
+ Surface De-Con & Claybar
+ 1 Step Paint Correction
+ Wheel De-Iron
+ 1 Layer 9H
+ 1 Layer Light
+ 1 Layer Rain on Windshield + Windows
+ 1 Layer W&C on Wheel Faces
+ Ceramic Pro Sport Door Jambs
+ Interior Detail Post Application
2- Opti-Coat Pro Plus is $1499.00 and includes trim and wheel faces along with all painted surfaces.

Which one would you choose?

Also received pricing from ceramic pro for Interior Coating - $750 (All Seats, Center Consoles, Door Panels & Fabrics) What do you think is it worth it for white interior?

Thanks
I did the Optic Coat Pro on both my Tesla’s and love it, when I drive my 2013 Model S most people comment that it looks like a new car. No upkeep and washes very well.

It's not terrible for people that don't have the experience to do a lot of the detailing processes themselves. Personally, I've been doing it for awhile so I'm not going to pay someone to do it.
Griots G8 orbital buffer, Meguiar's M100 (as needed), Meguiar's M210, Turtle Wax Graphene. Consumer grade products but they do the job well. All it costs is a few hours of my time. The Meguiar's M210 does a great job for most surface scratches and is easy to apply and buff off.

Even a total novice can get ~80-90% of the benefits of a coating with a $15 bottle of SiO2 spray sealant. The claims that ceramic coating will protect against scratches and swirls or make dirt "fall off" paint are total fluff (this is coming from somebody who had two cars professionally coated and has used DIY ceramic coating four or fives times).

Even a total novice can get ~80-90% of the benefits of a coating with a $15 bottle of SiO2 spray sealant. The claims that ceramic coating will protect against scratches and swirls or make dirt "fall off" paint are total fluff (this is coming from somebody who had two cars professionally coated and has used DIY ceramic coating four or fives times).
Which do you recommend?