Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat Pro+Xpel Ultimate vs. Xpel Ultimate Can U Tell the Difference?

Which model has Opticoat Pro applied?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outdoors

🌲🛶⛺️🏔♻︎🙂
Supporting Member
Both cars have Xpel Ultimate full body wrap which I love! Thanks @XPEL

S has 40k miles
3 has 13k miles

One car has just had Opticoat Pro applied a couple weeks ago. Can you tell which one has the Opticoat Pro?

Both cars washed with Optimum No Rise(ONR)
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

Both cars final detailed with Optimum Instant Detailer
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

I know that just by looks is not the only way to measure Opticoat performance. Lack of dirt accumulation. Almost no drying or water spots. I was once a sceptic of ceramic coatings in addition to Xpel, but I am now a believer.

* Model 3 thread was chosen. Had to pick one to post in.

Opti2.jpg
Opti3.jpg
Opti4.jpg
Opti5.jpg
Opti5 (1).jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Well it was the Model 3 that has the Opticoat. I have a hard time telling the difference. Add any type of glossing agent and it is really hard to tell. To me it is about how long the car stays clean and the easier washing compared to just the Xpel on the S.

Has the Opticoat made enough of a difference in how long the car stays clean and how easy it is to clean to be worth the $$$? Asking as someone who also lives on a dirt road. :)

@roguenode

I would say double the time in staying clean looking on wetter days. As the water rolls off with the dirt. Leaving very few or any spots. Dry or dusty days almost quadruple the time staying clean. The dirt doesn't bond with the car and is easily car dusted off.

Living on dirt roads really makes the rockers and wheel wells on the S and 3 look like crap. So sometimes I can just get away with washing those and never have to touch the rest.

So bottom line. It is pricey. Will not probably do it on the S as I might Autoflex Dip the car in another year or so. On the 3 yes it is nice. Minimum do the PPF. I think it keeps cars looking as close to new if you keep it up nice.

• Informative
Reactions: roguenode
@roguenode

I would say double the time in staying clean looking on wetter days. As the water rolls off with the dirt. Leaving very few or any spots. Dry or dusty days almost quadruple the time staying clean. The dirt doesn't bond with the car and is easily car dusted off.

Living on dirt roads really makes the rockers and wheel wells on the S and 3 look like crap. So sometimes I can just get away with washing those and never have to touch the rest.

So bottom line. It is pricey. Will not probably do it on the S as I might Autoflex Dip the car in another year or so. On the 3 yes it is nice. Minimum do the PPF. I think it keeps cars looking as close to new if you keep it up nice.

It's very dry where I am at, so almost quadruple time staying clean is great. This makes the decision easier for me, thanks!