Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Optimize charging using multiple charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I will have my Model Y delivered soon, hopefully. Recently I started checking how can I optimize my charging. According to the information I have found so far Supercharger is not the cheapest and not the best for the batteries. As of now, I don't have home charging option. The building where I live already kicked off getting charging stations to the parking places, but God knows how long it would take.

I live in Amsterdam and I'm not a BEV expert at all, this will be my first BEV. What I would like to achieve is optimizing my chargings and I would like to access the following information:
- charging prices across charging networks (charging speed and price)
- what apps I need (the less the better)
- charging locations
- I'm planning to have trips to Germany and up to Scandinavia, so if there are apps ussable there I'd like to know about it

What I did so far:
- Vattenfal's InCharge app, it seems, shows every charging stations around me (according ABRP there are 2 TotalEnergy here, but InCharge says they are GreenFlux, I'm confused...), overall I have the feeling Vattenfal, as energy provider, might charges some extra and if there is a chance I'd like to avoid that
- I haven't read through the forum yet, but I'll do that... :)

What works for you, what is your experience in Europe and in The Netherlands?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Instead of making another thread with a similar topic, I'll ask my question here.

I'm in a similar situation AndrasCsanyi. I'll be getting a model y soon. Does the map consider all charging station networks or just Tesla when traveling across the country? If it's only Tesla, how do I incorporate all chargers in my route?

Tesla map now has quite a lot of 3rd party chargers, and the navigation actually even suggests them if no Tesla superchargers are found easily.

However I'm wondering what is the logic which 3rd party chargers are included? Here in Finland "ABC" gas station has really big charging network with multiple 150kw CCS stalls, but Tesla map doesn't show those.

Edit: I found a link:

So perhaps new 3rd party stations will be added automatically after enough successfull Tesla charges?