Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging solely using the Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, they need to get money from somewhere.

Come to think of it, there are very few perks to driving an EV in the UK. Even in Portugal we often get either free parking or reduced rates in many cities...
Used to be the case in Westminster. Saved me tons.
Sadly it’s ending next month….

Parking, CCZ, VED, 2024/25 will be the end of great many incentives for EVs

Waiting whilst charging, any type, rapidly becomes a chore.

Yup. O/P needs to have something to do whilst charging.

If there is shopping etc. in the vicinity that might do (will you need to shop, for 20 -30 minutes, every time you charge?)

Or maybe O/P has work emails to do, and could sit and do them whilst charging (which would otherwise have to be done at home anyway, so time-neutral)

If I was reliant on public charging I would want the LR.

Let's assume you only charge to 90%, and you refuel at 10-20% ... there is quite a bit more usable range, between refuelling's, on 70% of full-range the LR models compared to SR models

I'd second the advice for looking for local street-parking so you can charge whilst you sleep

Can you park outside your house ? (maybe "sometimes" only). There are a number of creative solutions for getting power from house-to-car, and some councils will install a "slit-in-the-pavement" that you can push the charging cable into

I’ve had my MX LR for 4 years and charge solely on superchargers. Ive never found it a problem. I generally charge 20%-75% and spend the time doing emails, making calls etc. Doesn’t seem to have had any material impact on battery degradation. Of course, being a tightwad and having free supercharging does help the equation.