Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order in Store vs Order online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we all wait for our Delivery dates I wanted to start this discussion and see what others might have experienced. Are people getting deliveries earlier by ordering in store vs ordering online? How much time does it take? Or I am just thinking too much during this wait time? Cant wait for my car.

Ordered a Red multi coat MYLR, 19" gemini wheels, black interior, tow hitch. Ordered in store after my test drive with my SA.

While we all wait for our Delivery dates I wanted to start this discussion and see what others might have experienced. Are people getting deliveries earlier by ordering in store vs ordering online? How much time does it take? Or I am just thinking too much during this wait time? Cant wait for my car.

Ordered a Red multi coat MYLR, 19" gemini wheels, black interior, tow hitch. Ordered in store after my test drive with my SA.

@pgcoco should have little no no effect, and yes you're overthinking it. It all comes down to how many customers are in the queue ahead of you (no matter what way you entered it), and when the next production batch for your ordered options will be come up with capacity for your order and when it can be transported to your delivery location. This is a huge oversimplification but you can imagine the logistical gymnastics that take place every day allocating vehicles to production, to shipping method(s), and to customers-to-be like yourself.

Right now there is a large demand and production has also been slowed by parts shortages. The two of those combined are a perfect storm for long wait times.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
yes SA does it for you. I just thought since there is a live person you met at TESLA location might take better take care of you faster to bump their sales rather than online portal but doesn't look like it. The wait is long.
Yeah they definitely don't prioritize but if you like the people in the store, I think ordering it in person helps them out. The SAs don't work on commission, but I think showrooms or regions/areas have numbers to meet or something. Doesn't seem super important though? The SAs we worked with always said that we could order at home, there was no pressure to order in store.

Reactions: LoudMusic
OMG for the first time, I saw the EDD date appear on my account. :)
I ordered MYLR on 9/5, Silver Metallic, Tow Hitch, No FSD, 19" Gemini wheels but changed color to Red, on 9/8.
Never saw EDD on the account since I ordered which at that time said Jan.
This morning when I checked it shows Dec 23-Jan 12. Finally I have an estimate. I hope it changes to October sometime.

OMG for the first time, I saw the EDD date appear on my account. :)
I ordered MYLR on 9/5, Silver Metallic, Tow Hitch, No FSD, 19" Gemini wheels but changed color to Red, on 9/8.
Never saw EDD on the account since I ordered which at that time said Jan.
This morning when I checked it shows Dec 23-Jan 12. Finally I have an estimate. I hope it changes to October sometime.
Lucky! Placed my order a month before that and no refresh (so no EDD showing) :'(