Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order of Alerts 2022 M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a question about the order of the alerts. Are the alerts at the top of the page the most recent? I'm trying to troubleshoot why after replacing my pyro fuse, service mode still shows the fuse as being bad- I've replaced it with 2 now with the same result.

The alerts also show the Shunt is MIA- so I'm thinking that possibly the Shunt was damaged when the pyro fuse blew. The Shunt MIA Alert seems to be the first to show up on the bottom of the alerts list - see attached img

20231004_132932.jpg

Can you post a screenshot of your alert errors?

And what year and model of Tesla do you have?

Also, were you able to bring the 16v battery back on line? Even though mine is charged and voltage is good- running the routing to bring it back online fails. you?

Attachments

• 20231004_134225.jpg
    20231004_134225.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I assume yours is a M3- what year?

It looks like we have the exact same problem- same Alerts. I ordered a new Shunt (it's in the mail) and was hoping that will fix it- but you said you replaced yours already. The shunts are different for the 2021-2023 models. I found some commentary regarding Alert a_179 that I will share with you after I find it again.

Upvote 0
Hey Pavel- I think I may have found the solution for us. "According to this Tesla guy, the version with the regular 12V battery only required the pyrofuse to be replaced after airbags and seatbelts. On the new system, the VCfront must be replaced as well."

Note: after replacement of vcfront module you do need to jump the car and redeploy the current software that will fix all the alert you have you showed in the post. you do not need toolbox for this procedure.

-If you have coolant issues, you have to fix them first. Otherwise, the pumps won't be able to purge and won't close the contactors
-All modules have to be connected, SRS or RCM, it doesn't matter if you have airbag issues, but the module has to be connected
-for some reason, if there is one of the main head/tail lights that might not be connected, that most likely will stop the software update
-While pushing the software update, you will need to have external support of 13V with 30 AMP and run the software update

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's another person's story:
They had the following alerts:

BMS_a179
BMS_a128
VCFRONT_a478
VCFRONT_a402
VCFRONT_a192
VCFRONT_a191

[I think you and I are beyond their VCFront Alerts because we were able to do a VCFront reset via Toolbox (that's what I did)]
However, there is apparently an e-fuse inside the VCFront module that gets open after an accident -so this might be our problem

They cleared all these alerts and got contactors to close after replacing VCFront module--

Pavel, would you have a VCFront module to swap from another car 2021-2023 to try to see if it fixes our problem?

Upvote 0
Here's another person's story:
They had the following alerts:

BMS_a179
BMS_a128
VCFRONT_a478
VCFRONT_a402
VCFRONT_a192
VCFRONT_a191

[I think you and I are beyond their VCFront Alerts because we were able to do a VCFront reset via Toolbox (that's what I did)]
However, there is apparently an e-fuse inside the VCFront module that gets open after an accident -so this might be our problem

They cleared all these alerts and got contactors to close after replacing VCFront module--

Pavel, would you have a VCFront module to swap from another car 2021-2023 to try to see if it fixes our problem?

Also it sounds like we will need to do a 'factory reset' at some point in fixing our issues- which requires car to be registered to you in the Tesla app for permissions. When I try to run the routine I'm prompted for my Tesla account ID and password.

Upvote 0
I've got a question about the order of the alerts. Are the alerts at the top of the page the most recent? I'm trying to troubleshoot why after replacing my pyro fuse, service mode still shows the fuse as being bad- I've replaced it with 2 now with the same result.

The alerts also show the Shunt is MIA- so I'm thinking that possibly the Shunt was damaged when the pyro fuse blew. The Shunt MIA Alert seems to be the first to show up on the bottom of the alerts list - see attached img

View attachment 979854
Usually the 1st alert at the top is the more recent.

Reactions: Theron
Upvote 0