Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 22" but want 20" - what should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the refreshed X when it was first available to order and out of impulse picked the 22" wheels. Now I learned that ride comfort and range are significantly better on 20" and we are going to use the car for our family rides. I also have the 20" on my Model Y and I already have a good bit of curb rash. I cannot change my configuration because I would be locked it for the current price which is much more than a new set of wheels.

I was hoping I can get some opinion on the following:
1. If range and comfort are priorities am I right to change it to a 20"? Or maybe even 19"?
2. What wheels and tires should I get? I like the look of the Ohm's but I wonder if there is a place where I can see reviews that help me pick
3. What should I do with the 22" set? Sell? Where? Ebay? Facebook? For how much?

I ordered the refreshed X when it was first available to order and out of impulse picked the 22" wheels. Now I learned that ride comfort and range are significantly better on 20" and we are going to use the car for our family rides. I also have the 20" on my Model Y and I already have a good bit of curb rash. I cannot change my configuration because I would be locked it for the current price which is much more than a new set of wheels.

1. If range and comfort are priorities am I right to change it to a 20"? Or maybe even 19"?
2. What wheels and tires should I get? I like the look of the Ohm's but I wonder if there is a place where I can see reviews that help me pick
3. What should I do with the 22" set? Sell? Where? Ebay? Facebook? For how much?
Don’t do anything until you try those 22s. Rule of thumb :) There will always be someone willing to trade 20s for 22s

Upvote 0

If you want to work out some swap let's chat. I am in Garner my Xlr arrives in July with 20s. I have a YP with 21s and want a similar look. Good luck either way. You may be able to edit order soon without losing your pricing.

Upvote 0