Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited to be a part of the Tesla crew. Really surprises on the quick turn by Tesla. Order on Monday, had a VIN number by Wednesday night. The payment has been made... so now I am just waiting.

Right now they have the delivery taking place in Dallas, TX on November 30th. I requested they deliver it to my home in Oklahoma City, OK. Any experience with this?

Excited to be a part of the Tesla crew. Really surprises on the quick turn by Tesla. Order on Monday, had a VIN number by Wednesday night. The payment has been made... so now I am just waiting.

Right now they have the delivery taking place in Dallas, TX on November 30th. I requested they deliver it to my home in Oklahoma City, OK. Any experience with this?

What color/options?

Don't be surprised when it gets delivered with no spoiler, no car tags, possibly no alloy pedals and ZERO communication from Tesla as to when you will actually get those even though you paid for them. Great car, but that part is really annoying as they give you no heads up on this beforehand.

Pretty sure Tesla was clear on the website during ordering that the spoiler and badges would come later. In fact, I believe it even tells you the pedals will also need to be installed after delivery. At least it did when I ordered my P3D last July. I have yet to hear of anyone taking delivery of a P3D without the pedals. I have yet to hear of anyone to take delivery with the spoiler. It’s a pretty safe bet your car will come with pedals, and you’ll get your spoiler later. I’ve read they’ve recently started delivering P3Ds w the badges already installed, so you might get lucky w this.

As far as your tags go, just make sure you ask, as I’m pretty sure it’s not legal to sell a car without any way to drive it off the lot legally. They may have made some mistakes w some people, which is inexcusable, but they definitely won’t intentionally sell you a vehicle illegally. Do your own research if you’re taking delivery in another state, and make sure you have everything you need to drive it home and register it in the state of your residence.

The car is amazing. I’ve read all the hype prior to taking delivery, and for me it’s one of those very few things in life that exceeds all expectations. No matter what you pay for a P3D (and I did get $5,000 off the PUP package, I took delivery on Halloween of a 7/3 order that got delayed a few times, which ended up in my benefit as I would have taken delivery a week prior and paid $5,000 more than I did), there is nothing else you could buy for the money that even comes close. I debated on canceling my order because of the mistakes, and I can say 3 weeks later, it would have been a huge mistake on my part, as the car just exceeds every expectation, and is by far the best car in my opinion you can get for less than 6 figures.