Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the lack of a Plaid+ image on Preorders (prior to Plaid “+” announcement)
are different than new orders. The only subtle visible exterior difference between a long range and a Plaid is a spoiler. No difference between Plaid & Plaid+ (Images from new order pages below) I was told by Tesla that they are in the process of updating our reservations. They don’t seem to be in a hurry.
Plaid “+” may not be until 2022 according to Elon Musk in his recent interview with Joe Rogan.
66D54E1F-9EBB-4066-B9CC-1C4B9B11BB82.png
14BE5B96-F68B-47CC-8D36-9B1195148406.png
B39AC91A-FC5A-42CC-8CF2-68EA86EDEA47.png
157F5290-F52E-4DF3-A768-94CAFDDDF3AA.png

I believe the lack of a Plaid+ image on Preorders (prior to Plaid “+” announcement)
are different than new orders. The only subtle visible exterior difference between a long range and a Plaid is a spoiler. No difference between Plaid & Plaid+ (Images from new order pages below) I was told by Tesla that they are in the process of updating our reservations. They don’t seem to be in a hurry.
Plaid “+” may not be until 2022 according to Elon Musk in his recent interview with Joe Rogan.
View attachment 636848 View attachment 636849 View attachment 636850 View attachment 636851
If anyone monitoring this thread has ordered a Plaid+ after the refresh announcement, please confirm your account page has an image or better yet, post a screenshot here.
Here’s mine plus some notes I overplayed for clarity.
6BD79E24-FE24-4150-B8B6-BC5061F2293A.jpeg

Same here. Ordered within minutes of Plaid (now Plaid+) on Battery Day. Blank image where Model S render used to be.

Here's the URL of my image, if loaded on a separate page by itself, you get a 404 Not Found:

https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...,SC04,CPF0&bkba_opt=1&context=design_studio_2

Perhaps someone who's more savvy with option codes can fix it to show the image again?
As I said, I’m guessing new orders will look normal...
Our preorders had legacy images. Now deleted. Eventually our build details with the correct wheels will be updated along with the images.

Mine is the same - ordered 9/22, no image on the order. More specifically, the image is pointing to this (broken) link:

https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...F0&bkba_opt=1&context=design_studio_2

So one of those option codes means plaid, but the image asset isn't there yet. Anyone know what the option codes mean? :) Mine should be white with base wheels, and I doubt they impact the image but white/carbon interior and FSD also.

Mine is the same - ordered 9/22, no image on the order. More specifically, the image is pointing to this (broken) link:

https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...F0&bkba_opt=1&context=design_studio_2

So one of those option codes means plaid, but the image asset isn't there yet. Anyone know what the option codes mean? :) Mine should be white with base wheels, and I doubt they impact the image but white/carbon interior and FSD also.

I did some digging around and found this:

Option Codes

I did some digging around and found this:

Option Codes

Nice find. Anyone else have a non-Plaid+ on order to see what their option codes are? I looked at my existing Raven Performance car and the image string is: MDLS,MTS04,PPSW,RFFR,WTDS,INBCP,PI01,APF2,APBS,SC05,ACL1,CPF1

So the differences are:
MTS04 (Raven - Performance) vs MTS09 (Plaid+)
WTDS (Raven - Slipstream wheels) vs WTMS (Plaid+ - Tempests)
INCBCP (Raven) vs INCBC3W (Plaid+) - Not in the option lists but I assume INterior Carbon Black CockPit vs Carbon/White/3 screens??
SC05 (Raven - Unlimited Supercharging) vs SC04 (Plaid+ Pay as you go SC)
ACL1 (Raven) - Ludicrous mode (no corresponding code on the Plaid+)
CPF1 (Raven - Premium Connectivity) vs CPF0 (Plaid+ - Standard Connectivity)

So MTS09 seems to be the key differentiator and the one which causes the asset not to load.

I fiddled with the other combos and was able to make them work (including INCBC3W although no apparent visual difference).

If all you enter is MDLS and MTSxx you can make a nice vanta black wheel-less example (below). So I'll just have to wait until MTS09 works :)

(Also, none of the other 2021 refresh model codes (MTS10, MTS11) work either. So all of them still have the chrome trim)

upload_2021-2-15_18-37-22.png

Nice find. Anyone else have a non-Plaid+ on order to see what their option codes are? I looked at my existing Raven Performance car and the image string is: MDLS,MTS04,PPSW,RFFR,WTDS,INBCP,PI01,APF2,APBS,SC05,ACL1,CPF1

So the differences are:
MTS04 (Raven - Performance) vs MTS09 (Plaid+)
WTDS (Raven - Slipstream wheels) vs WTMS (Plaid+ - Tempests)
INCBCP (Raven) vs INCBC3W (Plaid+) - Not in the option lists but I assume INterior Carbon Black CockPit vs Carbon/White/3 screens??
SC05 (Raven - Unlimited Supercharging) vs SC04 (Plaid+ Pay as you go SC)
ACL1 (Raven) - Ludicrous mode (no corresponding code on the Plaid+)
CPF1 (Raven - Premium Connectivity) vs CPF0 (Plaid+ - Standard Connectivity)

So MTS09 seems to be the key differentiator and the one which causes the asset not to load.

I fiddled with the other combos and was able to make them work (including INCBC3W although no apparent visual difference).

If all you enter is MDLS and MTSxx you can make a nice vanta black wheel-less example (below). So I'll just have to wait until MTS09 works :)

(Also, none of the other 2021 refresh model codes (MTS10, MTS11) work either. So all of them still have the chrome trim)

View attachment 637076

Nice, looks like you found the SpaceX package’s hover mode.

Looking at the new configurator's assets, the links look pretty different and have a lot fewer option codes.
Also, notice the lack of "v1" reference to the compositor/configurator.

Interesting. So the broken images appear to be more an artifact of sloppy coding (referencing old assets with new option codes), but the new asset endpoint does have the MTS09 etc with the standard body and blacked out chrome trim. In other words, we're no closer to knowing what the Plaid+ will look like but we do have evidence that they have only partially updated our reservation pages. Figures. :D