Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Power Walls in early September. Heard nothing since.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else get the brushoff from Tesla after ordering?

I have sent Customer support requests that have gone unanswered.

Went to a Gallery and had the staff send follow ups to the Energy team. Nothing

Two weeks ago I got an email from a Tesla adviser saying he would send it to Energy to get the "project moving forward."

According to the gallery adviser, the project in in "permitting" status. This is meaningless where I live as there is no permits needed.

Any information on how to get this actually moving is appreciated.

Did you try calling the Energy folks? Emails seem to do little on many fronts. A call to the Energy line may at least get a status and you could let them know about the permits, etc. Uae the normal support number and choose Energy. (Maybe choose current customer and see if that works.)

On October 10, we signed an agreement with a 3rd party installer for the purchase and installation of our solar panels, 4 PowerWalls and a Backup Gateway.

7 weeks later, after getting approval from our HOA and our local utility, installation began of the PowerWalls and solar panels.

After some delays due to bad weather, a family trip and the long holiday weekend, the system will be "commissioned" today - and will be operational once we have PTO (Permission To Operate) for the utility (which could come today).

At least for us, with a Tesla-approved 3rd party installer, the process took about 2 months from contract to activation.

Did you try calling the Energy folks? Emails seem to do little on many fronts. A call to the Energy line may at least get a status and you could let them know about the permits, etc. Uae the normal support number and choose Energy. (Maybe choose current customer and see if that works.)

I would love to call them, but I can't find any numbers.The inability to talk to anyone at Tesla is so a reverse from 2016> What business model is it that you make it hard for your customers to communicate with you?

I would love to call them, but I can't find any numbers.The inability to talk to anyone at Tesla is so a reverse from 2016> What business model is it that you make it hard for your customers to communicate with you?
Does anyone read all of a post? I said call the main Support number. There is an Energy option for Solar and Powerwalls.

Thanks for that direct number, I have that somewhere as well as the scheduling number but the main Tesla Support number is one everyone has (at least in the car) and Energy is definitely on the menu.

Finally got an update by calling a number in an old email - the support number has been the wait of death in the past.

Turns out that my zip code does not have Tesla service As my zip code is between Austin and San Antonio, borders zip codes that do have service and is the second fastest growing county in the US, I suspect I will be in service area soon ("Elon Musk" soon or "real" soon remains to be seen).

The thing they do not have is a way to tell customers they are not in a service area automatically. You have to get fed up being ignored and have them tell you that you aren't. Seems a simple fix on the ordering website. However that requires delving into their business model and "Abandon all hope" and such doing that.

They did suggest the certified installers, but I got a couple of numbers in the range of $14K for the first and $11K for each additional is nuts.