Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering a now "custom" standard range model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to order it, you cannot order it online as most of you know. I went to the gallery and what you have to do is order the plus variant and CALL the Tesla sales team and have them "downgrade/ place a custom order".

They say that they do not believe AP is included and it's thought to be a $3k add-on therefore $38,000 for the SR with AP.

And at that price it would be foolish not to spend the extra $1,500 and get the SR+. You're also forgetting about the mandatory $1,200 delivery fee.

And that's why they make different cars for different people.

I don't need the range (20 miles), heated seats, or slacker radio. Also if I want the range down the road it can be unlocked for a fee per the OA.

And that's why they make different cars for different people.

I don't need the range (20 miles), heated seats, or slacker radio. Also if I want the range down the road it can be unlocked for a fee per the OA.

SR+ does not include the slacker. It is rumored to be an add-on at some point. I have no streaming audio on my SR+.

But they may not do that (spoke to the director of deliveries and he didn't seem to think it was possible). I've ordered a standard but have been getting a total run around about a lot of things and if they can actually deliver on the date I need (when they do a VIN match it is only good for 7 days and they won't extend) - tricky since I'm out of town and need delivery shortly before the current tax credit decreases