Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering my wife's car under my account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

After the unveil two years ago, I have created and account and reserved two model 3. One for me and one for my wife.

I'm now ready to order my wife's car first, how is that going to be handle by tesla?

Anything I can do to make the process easier? I am hoping to have the car under her name for the loan etc.

Thanks

We find it best to have all family Teslas in a single account. Both cars automatically appear in the iPhone app. While you can set up separate accounts and have Tesla cross-register the vehicles, it's more work.

You can have different vehicles listed in different people's name within the same account if you wish. FWIW, my wife HATES paperwork. All vehicles are in my name because I'm willing to handle paperwork.

On the other hand, she was a travel agent when I met her. She handles all travel arrangements - more skill and higher standards.

42nd anniversary approaching, our guideline is the one who has the highest standards / most skill in an area handles that area. Minimizes criticism, maximizes results. We also have periodic checkpoints to ensure we both feel tasks are divided fairly.

Please PM me if you would like to use my referral code.