Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering on NL site but not from NL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found an awesome MS on the Dutch Tesla site that has the exact configuration I want. Available now in Tilburg. How would I be able to purchase it if I don't have a Dutch credit card/address? I also don't want to pay VAT twice - if I brought a confirmation of registration in Croatia, would I get the VAT refund?

Thanks

Cannot find it right now on the website but I am 99% sure that I read when I previously configured a Tesla on their website, that somewhere it said that you have to register it in the country of purchase.

I custom ordered a MS from the Slovenia (Other Europe) website. I'll have to pay extra to have it shipped from Tilburg to Croatia (which I'm fine with), but given that an exact configuration is available in NL I don't see why they can't give me its VIN and make it ready for pick up at Tilburg.

BTW - I checked the Other Europe website, it said that I'm subject to 0% VAT in the Netherlands so long as I provide paperwork showing the vehicle's registration in another (EU?) country, in my case that's Croatia. Not sure what would happen if I tried to order the car from the NL site.

Your order will not go through!

I was in exactly the same boat, and was left waiting for 6 months with no answer. Tesla blocked orders for Croatia. Supposedly because of the VAT fraud.

PM for contact in Tesla Graz as now they are able to issue an invoice without VAT.