Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering TM3 in other EU now possible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone from "Other Europe" ordered M3 without VAT recently? I am living in Bulgaria (a member of the EU) and would really prefer not to pay VAT twice (even if it is just for a month or two).

FYI, Austria and Germany stores are saying that they are *not* selling to “other EU”. It looks like the few people who ordered through them were exceptions not a rule.

Reading the comments in this thread I figure the Tesla stores "got the instructions" to allow buying a Tesla from them if you are in the EU.
It seems this means more work for the guys at Tesla, and I guess they won't be welcoming the idea, but as mentioned a few times in this thread and the previous one about breaking the EU law, this is kind of discrimination. I really hope they will be opening orders from all EU members soon, but it seems if you are persistent enough, you can get it done now.

Would be interested to know if you get a different answer from them.

How far is the service center for you? IMHO, they consider that as well when not opening orders.

Overall, looking at the upcoming competition wave from other automakers this issue should be resolved properly soon.

The closest service center to Bulgaria is in Austria, so not that close, but they should not care about that. It is up to me to get the car to their service center at my expense. I have sent a request through their website, let's see. I am not planning a purchase in the next 3-6 months, so I can wait.

Are there any estimations when Tesla cars can normally be ordered in Slovenia? It's practically in the heart of Europe and it's sad we are discriminated an we have to be looking for ugly workarounds and beg Austrians to refund VAT. Also there is no leasing option which is very attractive if it is as simple as in other countries.
The other thing is that many illegal "importers" showed up and this is definitely not good for Tesla. I'm sure Tesla would sell much more if people would be able to buy normally as e.g. in Austria.

hi, I have a question, is It possible now to buy Tesla in Switzerland and import this to EU country? I'm from Poland. I'm wondering - if VAT policy is the same as in examples from Germany and Austria? Will I be able to get back paid VAT later?

Hi everyone,
I'm from Serbia (non-EU), and planning to import a used Tesla from Germany. What's bugging me is in which region should I create a Tesla.com account for my new vehicle to be transferred to. Specifically:
1. What does "Other Europe" region exactly mean, and how is it different from e.g "Croatia" which would be my second best option?
2. If I create account for "Other Europe" (or Croatia), would I be able to input my Serbian VISA card to pay for Supercharging, and potentially schedule service at my closest service center (currently Croatia)?

Thanks.