Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orlando, FL - where to get tires installed on MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, in the middle of a road trip from NY to FL. When I got here in FL, thanks to another thread here on TMC, I was made aware of how bald my tires are on the inside despite looking ok from the outside.
Tesla only carries the Conti’s and I prefer the Michelin so I ordered from Tire Rack shipped to their preferred installer here in Orlando.
Firestone on 3620 E Colonial saw the Tesla and they immediately declined to install saying they don’t have the proper equipment.
Do you guys know of where I can go to get these tires installed?
Thanks!

Thanks all!! We have an appointment with Tire Kingdom on 7160 Narcoossee Rd, Orlando, FL 32822 for tomorrow at 9:00am. A search on The Google for “Discount Tire near me” revealed this is about 1 mile down the street from where we are. They claim they’ve done Tesla’s before (M3’s and MX’s) so it gives me a bit of a comfort level.

I just now have to figure out how to get the 4 tires that Tire Rack shipped to Firestone and bring them to Tire Kingdom. I guess I can just rent a Home Depot truck.

Also, thanks @Les236 for the offer. I may not need it, but nice to know I have options.

Thanks again and I’ll update this thread when I finally get them installed.

Thanks all!! We have an appointment with Tire Kingdom on 7160 Narcoossee Rd, Orlando, FL 32822 for tomorrow at 9:00am. A search on The Google for “Discount Tire near me” revealed this is about 1 mile down the street from where we are. They claim they’ve done Tesla’s before (M3’s and MX’s) so it gives me a bit of a comfort level.

I just now have to figure out how to get the 4 tires that Tire Rack shipped to Firestone and bring them to Tire Kingdom. I guess I can just rent a Home Depot truck.

Also, thanks @Les236 for the offer. I may not need it, but nice to know I have options.

Thanks again and I’ll update this thread when I finally get them installed.
I have a 2017 7-seater (pedestal) and I was able to get 4 tires into my X to take to my tire installer.

I have a 2017 7-seater (pedestal) and I was able to get 4 tires into my X to take to my tire installer.
That’s a bit of an issue for us since we’re on a road trip from NY to FL with 4 people + luggage for 1 week.

I was able to gain access to their courier service for $25 they’re picking up the tires from Firestone and on to the new place that will install them.

Just wanted to wrap up this craziness and hopefully have a PSA for anyone to check the inner side of the tires. This thread

May have very well saved me and my family from a potentially catastrophic tire blow out in the middle of a long trip. I just wanted to cross post it on this thread to serve as a PSA.

Short story long, I managed to go to a Discount Tire in S Alafaya in Orlando, who took me in 20 minutes before they closed. So all new Michelin CrossClimate SUV XL tires in the oem staggered size are now installed. The guy at the shop said based on the inside wear, he was predicting about 100-200 miles before a potential tire blow out. So definitely lucked out that I stumbled on the thread I cross-posted above and prompted me to check my tires while in the middle of this road trip.

Reactions: designrs