Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other EV experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gotta vent how frustrating it is to visit other dealerships, at least here in the Bay Area. We sold our MY to take advantage of stupid offers on ours. And we also were not impressed with the early build quality on the MYs. Our plan was to take the money and put it into another EV, possibly an Ioniq5 or EV6. The Ioniq works for us, only problem is dealing with nasty dealers who think they have Porsche 911s on their lot. Nobody wants to budge on $5k or even, gasp, $15k, markups. One dude was so pompous and also limited our test drive to going down the street and back (less than 5 minutes). Even after corporate told them to quit marking up their cars. I already had a hard enough time with the thought of dropping at least $50k on a Hyundai. Dang it.

I'm almost ready to just get back into a Tesla.

Dealerships are pure evil. I hate them. I bought my M3 used at a dealership. It was a nightmare. It will be a last time I step foot in a dealership. I asked for it to be charged overnight for when I get there, they didn't bother. I refused to pay their $3000 markup for undercoating and fabric sealant and other crap I didn't ask for. Of course the sales guy had to go talk to his manager for 30 minutes whenever I said anything. On top of that, they didn't take out enough for taxes (I'm guessing to get the financing they originally promised to get me in the dealership). So to register the car, I had to unexpectedly cough up $1,500.

I despise dealerships. Never again.

I gotta vent how frustrating it is to visit other dealerships, at least here in the Bay Area. We sold our MY to take advantage of stupid offers on ours. And we also were not impressed with the early build quality on the MYs. Our plan was to take the money and put it into another EV, possibly an Ioniq5 or EV6. The Ioniq works for us, only problem is dealing with nasty dealers who think they have Porsche 911s on their lot. Nobody wants to budge on $5k or even, gasp, $15k, markups. One dude was so pompous and also limited our test drive to going down the street and back (less than 5 minutes). Even after corporate told them to quit marking up their cars. I already had a hard enough time with the thought of dropping at least $50k on a Hyundai. Dang it.

I'm almost ready to just get back into a Tesla.
Dublin Kia is selling their EV6s at MSRP. talk to Erwin Botonio.