Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that sounds really good! I would love to see your X sometime.

@madmax240
1. entire car coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum (7-year guarantee);
2. Wrapped front bumper, hood and side mirrors with Llumar wrap (10-year guarantee);
3. Wrapped area coated with EXO2, a water repellant made by Gtechniq.
The car is absolutely gorgeous. For the price of the X, I consider this cost ($2,371 plus tax) to be a great investment.
The owner, Sutton, is obviously a lover of beautiful cars and a complete professional. He answered every question (when it comes to car protection, I’m in kindergarten) and explained everything.
He attached my front license plate bracket and removed some interior grease stains left during transit.
Highly recommend this company for your Tesla.

Reactions: KAN_03
I went to see my car, almost done, getting excited. I should have it by Thursday!

I have also talked to Andree @ Derand Motorsport. He is willing to provide us a deal. If you have any question call him directly. Here are the prices I grabbed from him as a group deal, just mention my name (KAN Tesla Model 3 with Midnight Silver) or say you are from Tesla Motors Club forum. You will get the following quote:

Full Car Wrap with xPEL Ultimate: $4200
Partial Wrap (Half hood, full front bumper, quarter fender, side mirror): $599
Front End Wrap (Full Hood, front bumper, quarter fender, side mirror): $899

xPEL TINT all around including top window (except sunroom above driver): $300
Ceramic TINT: $450

Video of my Car:

For everyone who bought a Tesla wall charger, how did you deal with that in Ottawa?

The EVCIP rebate website suggests the charger must be purchased in Canada to be valid. Does an online order from the Tesla website count as "Canadian"? Tesla website says to make sure you purchase from a local dealer.

My pickup is at the International Centre on Saturday. Do they sell wall chargers there? Tried calling the Toronto dealership parts desks to see if they are in stock there but they don't pick up the phone.

For everyone who bought a Tesla wall charger, how did you deal with that in Ottawa?

The EVCIP rebate website suggests the charger must be purchased in Canada to be valid. Does an online order from the Tesla website count as "Canadian"? Tesla website says to make sure you purchase from a local dealer.

My pickup is at the International Centre on Saturday. Do they sell wall chargers there? Tried calling the Toronto dealership parts desks to see if they are in stock there but they don't pick up the phone.

I'm not from Ottawa but when you order online you should receive an invoice from a local Tesla centre. For me, this was the Lawrence St location (though the Oakville location is much closer and 10 mins away from me). This is the invoice you submit to prove you obtained it from a Canadian dealer. It'd be interesting to see which location would appear on the invoice for an Ottawa-based order - whether it be Montreal or Toronto.

My actual shipment came from Fremont and within only 2 days. I've heard from various people that the Toronto area centres have been sold out of the HPWC intermittently and the International Centre does not sell it either.

As long as you order the charger from Canadian site you will be safe. The invoice will be mailed to your email. It will have Lawrence store on it but shipped from Fremont.

I order the wall charger through the Parts guys at Tesla Montreal. Received in 2 days. They sent an email invoice and that worked fine.
EVCIP rebate wait was 3 months. Submitted around 9 Feb. Rebate deposited in account 8 May.

If you're looking for an installer, Duquette Electric was recommended on the Tesla site.
They were very good to fit me in quickly after I got the car.

They found my car! It will be delivered to my house next Thursday (I can breathe easy now).
I'm assuming that I can go ahead and file the EVIP paperwork because I have paid for everything?

Here is my position on the EHVIP because I am also not going to receive the car until well after the election is over.

My assumptions of all the ducks in a row in a projected scenario with :
PC Party wins Majority today
Current Premier officially resigns on Jun 8, asks Lieutenant-Governor to allow PC Party to form government
Transition Period of n weeks that is negotiated between the leaving party and the new party (I would guess n is at least 2)
PC Party selects cabinet and forms new government n weeks later
First act of PC Party is to strike down the Cap and Trade
Majority government passes the act immediately, rebate no longer available

So, if my assumptions are correct, the earliest I see the rebate disappearing is June 25th. Even if the rebate were to disappear on June 25th, my personal belief is that any orders placed on or before that date would still be eligible for the rebate because they would have been placed prior to the removal of the rebate.

These are just my beliefs in how the timeline will work, but I am counting on my beliefs because I'm in that boat. Others may have their own position.

Reactions: Jboucher
Yikes.. For anyone driving back to Ottawa, ensure you keep a quite a large driving distance with the cars in front of you. I drove quite a distance with the cars in front of me and still managed to get two minor paint chips on my hood. It seems like the paint is very soft and probably has not cured fully yet. I am getting the paint repair kit and costs 70 dollars before tax..

Loving this car!

6E73B945-0F48-40D1-B0FD-E17BF4B9587B.jpeg
View attachment 307366

Ottawa Tesla Owners: now that most of us have received our 3, I would like to suggest an informal “Show and Tell” or “Meet and Greet” on Tuesday, June 19th with Thursday, June 21st as a rain date if the 19th is bad.
I suggest the southwest corner of the parking lot at the Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre, behind the new Royal Bank building.
We could show up between 6:30 p.m, and 8:00 p.m. Bring your S, X or 3. Invite as many people as you can. It’s an opportunity to show reservation holders, the interested but not yet committed, the curious and even the nay-sayers. Allowing people to sit in your car is totally your call.
I’m assuming (maybe a bad thing to do) that we don’t need permission since we’re not collecting money and it’s just “a bunch of friends” getting together. If we get tossed out, we’ll have a fun convoy along St. Joseph Blvd.
I will confirm that it’s a “go” once at least 8 others owners have committed. My X and my wife’s 3 will be there.
Reply soonest.

I’m picking up on the 6th. Can’t wait. I’m guessing we see a service centre here in 2019. Would like to know how many Mod3s will be in the Ottawa area.
I'd love to share your enthusiasm, but I'm afraid you'll learn the route between your house and Tesla Ferrier in Montreal... I've heard many rumors, but so far no SC planned in Ottawa. I got in touch with the Regional Service Manager, East Canada and he said that we should start seeing more mobile service teams, but no service center. So unless your issue can be resolved at home, you'll have to drive 200km to get it fixed. In 2.5 years of Model S ownership, my car required 8 visits to the Montreal Service Center. Of those 8, 3 got done using a Valet service (at Tesla's own expense), the other 5 required me to take a day off work and spend the day in Montreal. I knew this from the day I bought the car, but just like you, I figured I would see a SC in a year or 2. It has been almost 3 years now... I'm hoping the wave of new Model 3 owners will change this, but after getting in touch with the Regional Service Manager, my hopes are low.

So be vocal about this, let them know you are not happy. I'm debating if I should sell my car because of this (and also because I'm afraid of large repair bills once my warranty goes out, which is very soon). Don't get me wrong, my Model S is the best car I've ever own and I love it, but it gets complicated when you have issues with it...

• Informative
Reactions: Rlhm3