Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our midnight silver Model 3 last Saturday at the International Centre in Toronto. Wow! This car has so many cool features:
- starting with the door handles for aerodynamics
- keyless entry via bluetooth
- simple and minimalistic cabin
- awesome and useable navigation
- audiophile sound system (love the immersive setting) with music streaming, oh and it can play FLAC music files
- regenerative breaking (I drive most of the time with the acceleration pedal and only break to bring the car to a stop)
- cool one vent ventilation system
- lots of space for storage: trunk, under the trunk, frunk
- the phone app to control and manage the car
- voice commands will only get better with time
- best of all, this car will get better with future software updates

We decided to order the car due to the election, I just submitted my EHVIP form yesterday, the agent told me that it might take up to 3 months to get the incentive due to a spike in application :)
We are now charging with our 110v outlet waiting for HydroOne and our electrician to install Tesla HPWC mid July!

There were few minor issues with the car that needs attention, so we are still debating whether to service in Toronto or Montreal. Would love to hear your service experience with the Tesla.

Cheers!

We picked up our midnight silver Model 3 last Saturday at the International Centre in Toronto. Wow! This car has so many cool features:
- audiophile sound system (love the immersive setting) with music streaming, oh and it can play FLAC music files
- regenerative breaking (I drive most of the time with the acceleration pedal and only break to bring the car to a stop)

We decided to order the car due to the election, I just submitted my EHVIP form yesterday, the agent told me that it might take up to 3 months to get the incentive due to a spike in application :)
We are now charging with our 110v outlet waiting for HydroOne and our electrician to install Tesla HPWC mid July!

There were few minor issues with the car that needs attention, so we are still debating whether to service in Toronto or Montreal. Would love to hear your service experience with the Tesla.

Cheers!
Congrats. I’ve been to the Montreal SC twice. Easy to get there. Excellent staff and service. Why travel to Toronto?

First post... so introductions first. My name is Ed going by my pen name Kaoru and I'm an Ottawa resident. Being a former high power rocketry hobbyist, I've been following Elon Musk since 2002 when I read an article on SpaceX's pintle injector on its Kestrel rocket engine. Of course, I started following Tesla then as a result. Fast forward to March 31, 2016 and like many others I immediately reserved my Model 3 sight unseen. Fast forward again to June 5th past and my black Model 3 is in my garage.
IMG_1682.JPG

I look forward to the meet up at Place d'Orleans on the 19th. If anyone has any questions, please forward them my way.

unless I get vetoed by the wife(tm), I should be at the meet and greet as well! :)

Speaking of the Montreal shop, I was parked a block away all weekend (Formula One race) doing a "back-and-forth" Ottawa-Montreal every day. I went in the store just for fun and I forgot to ask about the "day reservation gift", which I didn't receive at the IC last week. I saw 3 truckloads full of 3's over the weekend. ppl on the Quebec side must be happy/antsy to get theirs.

Cheers!
What needs to be fixed? I might have the same thing.

I'm actually booked for this weekend to get ceramic coating (gold package) from Exotic Autowa (in Orleans) which they specialize in. I'm not looking for tinting as the Model 3 already has subtle factory tinting. Also, I paid a lot for that glass, I want to look through it and not have an impeded view.

The ceramic coating is a must-have as the paint used by Tesla has to adhere to California standards (i.e. no VOCs) which means it's softer. I don't want the finish to be impacted by our abrasive Canadian winters and rock chip filled roads.

Kaoru