Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa to Burlington VT road trip planned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just there a couple weeks ago. I don't live in Ottawa though, I live in the northernmost part of the GTA. I took the 401, crossed at the 1000 Islands border crossing, then charged at the SC in Lake Placid, then took the ferry from Essex NY to Charlotte VT (there was a small toll), from there it's a short jaunt to Burlington. I brought my CCS adapter but never needed it, there are SC's everywhere. Just realized you've already left by the time I post this but hopefully it helps someone else.

Reactions: Smytty
There are SC everywhere. Route it through the in-car GPS and let it decide.

Came back from Wildwood, NJ from Montreal. Easy peasy.
There actually aren't many on the direct route, unless you want to count Casselman which is too close to Ottawa. That will change when some of the suburban Montreal SCs get built. But if you go on the east side of Lake Champlain you miss the Plattsburgh SC and don't hit one until you get to Burlington. And there is nothing on 15 south of Brossard. Unless you want to take a ferry across Lake Champlain you have to get off 87 and go east of the lake right after you cross into the US.
1692804790609.png

Reactions: Biscuitman
There actually aren't many on the direct route, unless you want to count Casselman which is too close to Ottawa. That will change when some of the suburban Montreal SCs get built. But if you go on the east side of Lake Champlain you miss the Plattsburgh SC and don't hit one until you get to Burlington. And there is nothing on 15 south of Brossard. Unless you want to take a ferry across Lake Champlain you have to get off 87 and go east of the lake right after you cross into the US.
View attachment 967562
That's what the in-car GPS route gave ?

Reactions: richyrich
That's what the in-car GPS route gave ?
That's the Google Maps route. But look at where the SCs are located - you either have to go onto the island of Montreal or up to Brossard. Once you leave Montreal there are no SCs unless you go to Plattsburgh. But then you are on the wrong side of the Lake.

What route would you propose?

Wayner you are correct.
Made the trip by limping into Burlington SC keeping my speed down to barely make it. On the return trip Casselman was great, but southbound absolutely no SC unless you go quite a ways out of your way into Montreal.