Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have a unicorn? Austin White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the 3rd Unicorn for MYLR White/White/Tow coming from Austin PA062. Picking up in two weeks VIN just got assigned a few days ago. I started a thread on Austin Build 2023 white seats. Share your negative/positive vibe once you picked up your car.

Reactions: WyoDude
How is it? Did you pick it up yet? Pictures? Do yo u have a checklist to over to make sure things are good?
Never in my adult life of purchasing vehicles have I ever used a "checklist" - I do wonder how ridiculous these folks look walking to an SA with their clipboard in hand. Honestly I don't intent to start now. Obviously we are aware of the QC issues but only because there is 9,000 Youtubers documenting every scratch that comes off the assembly line.

So we've decided to take our time tonight just looking for anything egregious - if there are doors missing, dents, paint peels, sure we will mention it - but we aren't going put our white gloves on with a clip board and walk around the vehicle.

I'll report back later this evening after we get our eyes/hands on it.

Never in my adult life of purchasing vehicles have I ever used a "checklist" - I do wonder how ridiculous these folks look walking to an SA with their clipboard in hand. Honestly I don't intent to start now. Obviously we are aware of the QC issues but only because there is 9,000 Youtubers documenting every scratch that comes off the assembly line.

So we've decided to take our time tonight just looking for anything egregious - if there are doors missing, dents, paint peels, sure we will mention it - but we aren't going put our white gloves on with a clip board and walk around the vehicle.

With any other car manufacturer, this would be fine. With Tesla, you need to document everything (IN WRITING) before you accept delivery. Tesla has a long standing history of being even more difficult to work with once you take delivery if you didn't get it in writing before you accepted. If there's enough issues or they refuse to correct anything you notice refusing delivery is the ONLY time you'll have any sort of leverage at all. I don't fault anyone who wants to have a list of known issues or know items to look for so they leave with peace of mind knowing they addressed everything fully and can now enjoy their purchase.

With any other car manufacturer, this would be fine. With Tesla, you need to document everything (IN WRITING) before you accept delivery. Tesla has a long standing history of being even more difficult to work with once you take delivery if you didn't get it in writing before you accepted. If there's enough issues or they refuse to correct anything you notice refusing delivery is the ONLY time you'll have any sort of leverage at all. I don't fault anyone who wants to have a list of known issues or know items to look for so they leave with peace of mind knowing they addressed everything fully and can now enjoy their purchase.
I'm not faulting anyone for putting tinfoil hats on their head so the aliens don't take over...

I'm just saying I'm not that person. Of course I'll document anything that we see that is "off" and make sure I get commitments to fix.

The things I hate the most is SA lying to you and never put in writing and when the time come to fix these things. They lied again and not admitting the things they would fix on. So putting a ticket/ in writing helps with this like Ostrichsak was saying. It sounds like you don't care about checklist that is fine as well, I will google as I know some issues are common and need to be addressed by Tesla Service. I just need to find where I see that issue. It could be on Reddit.

Anyway good luck.

If the doors are missing, please send pics

• Funny
Reactions: sdq_11
I'm not faulting anyone for putting tinfoil hats on their head so the aliens don't take over...

I'm just saying I'm not that person. Of course I'll document anything that we see that is "off" and make sure I get commitments to fix.
By using pejorative terms like "tinfoil hat" as you refer to others you're literally faulting them.

What's wrong with a checklist anyway? I see no reason to look down on those who use one.

So you don't use one... Great. Move along. Judging others because they do seems a little bit immature.

By using pejorative terms like "tinfoil hat" as you refer to others you're literally faulting them.

What's wrong with a checklist anyway? I see no reason to look down on those who use one.

So you don't use one... Great. Move along. Judging others because they do seems a little bit immature.
It was meant in good fun. Just trying to liven this place up a bit. It’s all “give me checklists or give me death”.

• Funny
My watch is officially over. The vehicle is perfect. Austin - White/White.
PPF on back rockers, Mudflaps, cargo cover.

3 miles on the odometer, with not a scratch to be found.

I surrender the down payment fairly quickly and even “accepted delivery” without giving it a full inspection. Much to the surprise of my SA in Indianapolis. He mentioned that people come in with some crazy requests and basically think it’s a hostage negotiation.

He mentioned we have 100 miles regardless if we are on site or not to report any issues we see.

This is a dream. The only thing that caught me off guard is the “calibration in progress”. So can’t test autopilot or any self driving features.

CE698A99-6094-41FE-8661-9A724DBAA5CB.jpeg

I surrender the down payment fairly quickly and even “accepted delivery” without giving it a full inspection. Much to the surprise of my SA in Indianapolis. He mentioned that people come in with some crazy requests and basically think it’s a hostage negotiation.

He mentioned we have 100 miles regardless if we are on site or not to report any issues we see.

This is a dream. The only thing that caught me off guard is the “calibration in progress”. So can’t test autopilot or any self driving features.

Happy for you! Thanks for the report and update, i appreciate it.

Congrats!! I believe the large majority of cars are in great condition. All we hear about on here are the outliers that got the short end of the stick.

White seats from AUSTIN confirmed!! LOL