Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of Stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to order wiper blades for model S. Out of Stock.
Clicked: notify me when back in stock.
Received the email: back in stock, order soon quantities may be limited (at 1:41 AM)
Went to order the blades six hours later: Out of Stock.
Why not just let me order them, and when they come into stock, ship them to me rather than requiring me to play the annoying email hide-and-seek game which advantages people residing in earlier time zones?

Probably because they used to let people backorder stuff that was out of stock, and people would RAISE HOLY @#$$!@$@ about:

"how long things were backordered, when am I going to get it, how many people ahead of me, I ordered this thing 2 months ago and where t F is ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

Thats my guess as to why they just show things out of stock, because at least if you order it, you actually get it in a somewhat decent amount of time now.

I could see it being a weird problem with merch like tequila or flamethrowers, or seasonal items like tire chains, but I could speculate that it doesn't happen often enough that something like windshield wipers goes in and out of stock so rapidly to be too much of a problem, until it is. For a common annual maintenance item like a windshield wiper blade, just let me order it and ship it to me when you get more...don't make me play whack-a-mole. Or send the email when there is sufficient quantity that you probably won't run out in three hours...