Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable cellular antenna in M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP seems to be blaming Tesla for an issue that was caused by the US regulators reacting to reports of drivers behaving badly and increasing the risks for accidents while on Autopilot. The regulators forced Tesla to make the changes if they wanted to be able to continue selling cars in the US. This was not Tesla's idea, but caused by stupid owners, trying to trick the car into doing dangerous things. Putting weights on steering wheels, pasting photos in front of the cameras, and other work arounds.
I have the latest updates, and have not been inconvenienced at all. In true Tesla fashion, they will do what they must, and adapt over time with updates to make the system the best it can be.
If Autopilot is not up to your high standard, you can always simply turn it off, and drive any way you please.

Why is your friends experience relevant to what you want from your car? If he didn't have these problems would that have changed your opinion on this matter?
I’m not a huge fan of the car to begin with and definitely don’t want the car to be more restrictive with AP. I’d sell, but resale value is terrible right now.
dude... if he has $10M in the bank... decked out EQS AMG ... I wouldn't bother with a 2021 Model 3 Performance
As stated, he’s a Tesla fan boy. He says he wouldn’t buy any other car with the exception of a gt3rs. Also, he retired at 45 and wants the money to last the rest of his life. It takes a lot of money to live well for 45 years.

I’m not a huge fan of the car to begin with and definitely don’t want the car to be more restrictive with AP. I’d sell, but resale value is terrible right now.

As stated, he’s a Tesla fan boy. He says he wouldn’t buy any other car with the exception of a gt3rs. Also, he retired at 45 and wants the money to last the rest of his life. It takes a lot of money to live well for 45 years.
Hmm then why did you buy if you didn't like the car? because you wanted to impress your friend?

Hmm then why did you buy if you didn't like the car? because you wanted to impress your friend?
Is a model 3 an impressive car? I bought it because I was driving quite a few miles at the time and I get free charging at my office.

Since the purchase, I’ve been less than impressed by fit/finish and other quality issues with the car. I’ve had to have the driver seat replaced due to significant loss of foam mysteriously crumbling out of the bottom of the seat, every single exterior light on the car replaced due to moisture/condensation issues, the trunk auto closing and alignment required a couple of adjustments, various interior trim pieces have needed replacement because of poor fit/finish (and it still has several very annoying rattles and noises), on my third glovebox panel (which I never use the glovebox and only the original paperwork is inside), the car door often won’t open due to being frozen shut (this doesn’t happen on my other eight vehicles, including those that are frameless), there are noisy suspension bobbles and clunks…I could keep going, but I don’t want to sound like I’m just badmouthing the car.

Besides the poor resale value, the positive things keeping me from getting rid of it as my commuter: free charging is still a nice deal even if I only do my ~120mile round trip commute twice a week now, AP is pretty decent once I get to the freeway, the seat/position and the driving dynamics for the half of my commute that is on a twisty country road is decent for a commuter.

IMG_8849.jpeg

IMG_8862.png
IMG_8870.jpeg

IMG_8873.jpeg

Is a model 3 an impressive car? I bought it because I was driving quite a few miles at the time and I get free charging at my office.

Since the purchase, I’ve been less than impressed by fit/finish and other quality issues with the car. I’ve had to have the driver seat replaced due to significant loss of foam mysteriously crumbling out of the bottom of the seat, every single exterior light on the car replaced due to moisture/condensation issues, the trunk auto closing and alignment required a couple of adjustments, various interior trim pieces have needed replacement because of poor fit/finish (and it still has several very annoying rattles and noises), on my third glovebox panel (which I never use the glovebox and only the original paperwork is inside), the car door often won’t open due to being frozen shut (this doesn’t happen on my other eight vehicles, including those that are frameless), there are noisy suspension bobbles and clunks…I could keep going, but I don’t want to sound like I’m just badmouthing the car.

Besides the poor resale value, the positive things keeping me from getting rid of it as my commuter: free charging is still a nice deal even if I only do my ~120mile round trip commute twice a week now, AP is pretty decent once I get to the freeway, the seat/position and the driving dynamics for the half of my commute that is on a twisty country road is decent for a commuter.

I am so happy to have sold my Fremont built model 3 with many of the similar issues, my current Shanghai built model 3 is flawless.
The QA section at Fremont seems to be on a permanent vacation or ran by a group of chipmunks.

I use FSD everyday and haven't had a strike since the "new" update. I had only 2 strikes the entire time I had the car since 2021. I think people either exacerbated or they ARE the exact type of drivers the update is meant to target.
This^^^ My thoughts exactly. I have not had a lick of trouble with mine. and I use Autopilot frequently.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I am so happy to have sold my Fremont built model 3 with many of the similar issues, my current Shanghai built model 3 is flawless.
The QA section at Fremont seems to be on a permanent vacation or ran by a group of chipmunks.
My Fremont built from end of 2020 didn't experience any of those issues, so I think he just had bad luck. And generally I don't think it's a common issue (glovebox being stuck).

Reactions: buckets0fun
My Fremont built from end of 2020 didn't experience any of those issues, so I think he just had bad luck. And generally I don't think it's a common issue (glovebox being stuck).
My glove box wasn’t stuck. The panel just fits terribly. The gap along the top is inconsistent where it meets the silver trim and the bottom corners protrude from the surrounding surfaces. Take a look at yours and everyone else who has a model three. I can almost say with certainty that the bottom corners don’t line up with the adjacent surfaces. All of the ones that I have seen have this fitment issue I would have it replaced again, but my bumper-to-bumper warranty has expired. I have yet to get one that fits properly.

View attachment 1008755
View attachment 1008756View attachment 1008757
View attachment 1008758
Too bad you have had such a bad experience, If I was you , i would have sold it during the 2022 time when the resale was high due to supply shortage.

Like someone said, mine is built in China (All Canadian models are) and touchwood no major complaints.

Reactions: buckets0fun