Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS troubles, repeating messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I couldn't find an answer using search so thought I'd start a new thread. I'm having trouble with my OVMS, it seems every time it sends a message (currently that is TPMS error#409) it sends it many times (I'm looking at about 50 of this error messages for the last 15 minute drive I went on. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a solution or something I need to do? (I've rebooted OVMS and reinstalled the app without success)

I guess the ultimate solution is simply to have the TPMS programmed for the wheels again but that seems like it may in fact be more hassle/money so I'm saving it as the last resort.

Thank you in advance!

Mark, what is sorely needed in the app (Android) is the ability to turn OFF notifications. I've had this happen many times before when the car was in for service at Tesla. It was sending me HUNDREDS of messages and my phone was going crazy. I eventually called my service rep and asked them to unplug the OVMS. I don't mind if the app receives the notices, but there should be a way to turn off the sound and status notifications.

Thanks. Per the link above I did find where you can turn off notifications in the app settings in the app manager. Next time the car is in for service I'll give that a try. I do like the fact that the app does read internal car errors and report them. It saved my Roadster from potentially catching fire and burning down my garage... but that's a story for another time :)