TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

OVMS troubles, repeating messages

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by ElectricLove, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ElectricLove

ElectricLove Member

Hi all, I couldn't find an answer using search so thought I'd start a new thread. I'm having trouble with my OVMS, it seems every time it sends a message (currently that is TPMS error#409) it sends it many times (I'm looking at about 50 of this error messages for the last 15 minute drive I went on. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a solution or something I need to do? (I've rebooted OVMS and reinstalled the app without success)

I guess the ultimate solution is simply to have the TPMS programmed for the wheels again but that seems like it may in fact be more hassle/money so I'm saving it as the last resort.

Thank you in advance!

2. Panicopticon

Panicopticon Member

I've seen this happen a few times. Restarting (unplug/replug) the OVMS module appeared to clear it up. Unclear if using the restart message would work. I'd add this behavior preceded my "Software Error" brick.

3. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

#3 markwj, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Most likely the alert is flapping on/off in the car.

You can disable these vehicle alert code messages by setting feature #14 (FEATURE_CARBITS) to 8.

Regards, Mark.

4. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Mark, what is sorely needed in the app (Android) is the ability to turn OFF notifications. I've had this happen many times before when the car was in for service at Tesla. It was sending me HUNDREDS of messages and my phone was going crazy. I eventually called my service rep and asked them to unplug the OVMS. I don't mind if the app receives the notices, but there should be a way to turn off the sound and status notifications.

5. markwj

#5 markwj, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    DrComputer. Better to turn them off at source (feature #14=8). iOS has customizable notifications in the system settings, but not sure about Android.

6. markwj

7. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Thanks. Per the link above I did find where you can turn off notifications in the app settings in the app manager. Next time the car is in for service I'll give that a try. I do like the fact that the app does read internal car errors and report them. It saved my Roadster from potentially catching fire and burning down my garage... but that's a story for another time :)

8. shrink

shrink Member

Mark,

On my iOS app I have #14 as Car Bits and #15 as CAN Write. Am I missing something? Is Car Bits now #15 in a later firmware version? I haven't updated in a while.

9. markwj

Sorry, you are correct. It is feature #14. I'll update the previous post to avoid confusion.