Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owl Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like mine a lot. This works as a replacement for sentry mode since I have AP1. C4709B8E-DC07-4518-98DD-91E9329447AF.jpeg

The only thing I wish it had was 4K video.

Yes! That is awesome. I was looking for the PoV of how it looks like ...This helps. Should I be using the shortest attachment to attach it on? and does it capture enough beyond the hood? or Should I go for the longer attachment?

Yes! That is awesome. I was looking for the PoV of how it looks like ...This helps. Should I be using the shortest attachment to attach it on? and does it capture enough beyond the hood? or Should I go for the longer attachment?

I used the shortest attachment for it to be less intrusive while I drive. Although I get more hood within the video.

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 107
The longer attachment puts it more in reach and hence easier to see. Also higher. Fortunately, you can experiment with the different lengths once you have it to suit your own preference. Don't tuck the wire until satisfied with the arm length choice.
How does it remain stable to the dash, is there any vibration and is the cord easy to tuck out of sight, I'm
weighing between the integrated IRO and this one ..not sure that I like how visible it is to the public. Thanks

How does it remain stable to the dash, is there any vibration and is the cord easy to tuck out of sight, I'm
weighing between the integrated IRO and this one ..not sure that I like how visible it is to the public. Thanks

You jam the arm into the crevice between the glass and dashboard. Then you use the suction cup on the arm to attach to the window. The cam itself is secured by a very powerful magnet. I don't think it has needed to be secured since install in 6 months or so.

The cord is hidden behind the black opaque trim on the bottom of the windshield, so it is only exposed about 3" near the window inspection sticker. On the exposed part, if you have a dark gray dashboard, the cord is nearly identical in color so it is not noticeable. It gets tucked into crevices on the side.